Harley Davidson - A bit of history trivia

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Togman, May 29, 2020.

1. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The Harley family originated from a small village in England called Littleport. This is about 6 miles from where I live in Ely. The father of William S Harley was born in Littleport in 1835 and emigrated in 1859 to Oswego in America.

I was passing through Littleport this morning on a bike ride and took these pictures of the life-size model that was unveiled outside the Church to mark the 100th anniversary of the Harley Davidson brand. IMG_3996 (2).jpg IMG_3997 (2).jpg IMG_3998 (2).jpg

Wallo Tweed, RodeoTex, Skub and 6 others like this.
  2. welder

welder TDPRI Member

Interesting. Was that Oswego, New York? That's not far from me (Central New York). My father's mother's maiden name was Davidson. I have sometimes wondered if I'm related. :)

3. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for the trivia - I will remember your photos .

Togman likes this.
  4. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

My old man worked for Harley Davidson corporate for nearly 40 years. HD paid for my early life so to speak. I even worked for them for 2 summers. The perk of being an executive's kid.

When he suddenly got sick and died, his coworkers, with blessings from HD, erected a monument in his honor in Milwaukee in the corporate office he worked in. As far as I know it might still be there.

RodeoTex, Wally, tery and 1 other person like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.