Harley Benton Thinline

declanaungier

TDPRI Member
Harley Benton have just launched a thinline tele on the Thomann website. Great price of €219. I ordered one last night. I wonder if I'll get on with the 305 mm radius. Thomann have a great returns policy if I don't like it but I hope I do

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_204540.jpg
    IMG_20220924_204540.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 322

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m reading and hearing more and more about HB guitars. Do they complete, quality and price-wise with the Bullets, Affinitys or higher up the food chain? How standard are things like pups and tuners if I wanted to upgrade?

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Looks great! I've been admiring the P90 version. I have five HBs and really enjoy them...in fact, I was playing one of the two LPs I have last night. I do not think you can go wrong.

47adelynn47

Tele-Meister
Harley Benton have just launched a thinline tele on the Thomann website. Great price of €219. I ordered one last night. I wonder if I'll get on with the 305 mm radius. Thomann have a great returns policy if I don't like it but I hope I do
i just ordered the hb te62 db yesterday and their little tremolo pedal...i think it's really a joyo....no experience with the company before tho i've probably have had guitars made in the same factory by the same people...my main guitar is a squier classic vibe made in a factory in indonesia

sleazy pot pie

Tele-Afflicted
I ordered the SG jr in April and was amazed at the guitar I got for under $200 delivered.
I leveled the frets and shimmed the p90 up to make it louder.
I wouldn’t think twice about getting another one ….. If I could decide which one to get.

StudentGuy

TDPRI Member
At what it will cost ... I think it would only make sense to cop at least one

It will be a great guitar for the $$$ and probably a great guitar regardless of its low cost ...

StudentGuy

TDPRI Member
OK, After looking this puppy over ... If it is anything like their Super duper/ Killa Dilla Tele clone, the TE 52 ... then buy 2 of them !

Seriously, so it is a chubby "thinline" (My PRS is lighter, and it doesn't even have a hole in it !) But it costs about 8x more ...

But as a reduced weight version of the TE 52 (Looks like about 8 Lbs as opposed to 10 lbs) ... Then I'm all in for one.

I have guitars that cost 10x as much as what they want for this ... But I'll be dammed it I do not find the TE 52's (and I'm sure 62 also qualify) one of my most fun to play.

The fretboard radius is flat as Kansas, but I'm liking the almost 14" (13.7 " actually) and I am a "small hands guy"!

The "caramelized" (I hate spellin that) neck is worth the price of admission alone. Fender ... wants $350 US for their MIM roasted (same sh*t) neck !
The frets are reasonably finished ,and the fretboard edges could almost pass for rolled (but not so much as say a $2.5K PRS)

So I'm glad to see this, and after I cop a Fusion II and a CTS 24 P90 , this guy is on the schedule ...

NilsZippo

TDPRI Member
She's here!!!
Congrats. I’m going pay attention to what you have to say about this new acquisition. I was seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on my first ever purchase from Thomann for one these HB Thinlines on Saturday. But then noticed there was a new single review posted for it, claimed the lower half of the body was not chambered at all like an actual Thinline. So I will be interested in your opinion.

StudentGuy

TDPRI Member
claimed the lower half of the body was not chambered at all like an actual Thinline. So I will be interested in your opinion.
OK ... Let me be clear that I do not work for Thomann, and may even be pi**ed at them in the near future if I keep buying their stuff ...
(law of averages)

But 'cmon man ! So maybe it is not chambered the way a "traditional thinline" is , with say the Fender name on the headstock.

Heck ! I gotta a PRS "Thinline" ... Ain't chambered anyplace ! Costs 8 times as much. Is it a great guitar ! YES !

This HB TE 69... If it is anything like their TE 52, and WEIGH LESS ??? will be a great guitar !

Pass on it if you will... I'll just buy 3, instead of 2, and have a coupla great guitars, that will make even better modding platforms. Remember we are talking a $150 US (or so) dollar guitar ... that will hang with any Fender model up to say ... $1,100.00 so you decide how much "hollow" its gotta be ...

StudentGuy

TDPRI Member
a new single review posted
So I went to the Thomann site...1 Review 2 stars ...

Apparently not hollow enuf ! BUT overall High Quality ???

Oh ... $177 US instead of $150 . Heck ! The last case I bought for a used Mustang cost me $220 !!! (not to many cases available for short , skinny guitars)

The fact that Thomann even posted this relatively negative review ... says something for their integrity to me at least ...

How can the guitar be "high quality" ... and 2 stars ???

From the review : "sounds like a normal TE-52." Then Sh*t !!! ... It kicks booty !!! (in its weight class) . But check out the You Tube video by "Shawn In the Blues" where a TE 52 is compared to a Fender Original $2,100 Tele . The fact that they are sooo close speaks volumes
(or dollahs !)

And if you feel compelled to off the pickups (I already have a G&L MFD neck looking for a home) ... any "brand name" pickup set is gonna cost more than the guitar ...But the chassis, is apparently "high quality " so there 'ya go..

Last edited:

47adelynn47

Tele-Meister
my hb 62db showed up today...not a single complaint...and i was looking for an issue having never held or heard an hb live before...nothing...unbelieveable for $129...shipping was $65

Attachments

• 20221004_141633_HDR.jpg
    20221004_141633_HDR.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 37

47adelynn47

Tele-Meister
i also bought a trem pedal...rebranded joyo for $24 and a guitar stand for $7 and it all shipped in the same box so that eased the shipping cost in my mind

47adelynn47

Tele-Meister
some guy in germany finds a source for quality guitars...skips the liscensing fees squier and epi for instance pay to fender and gibson...then does'nt sell them to sam ash or guitar center etc...he sells them to us instead...who knew?

Troubleandahalf

Tele-Afflicted
I’m reading and hearing more and more about HB guitars. Do they complete, quality and price-wise with the Bullets, Affinitys or higher up the food chain? How standard are things like pups and tuners if I wanted to upgrade?
I just got a 612.
Quality wise it's fabulous, easily as nice as a CV. Just as well made as a PRS SE. Better than a lot of Epiphones I've had in my hands.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
I have the HB TE 52 and would recommend above squiers, it's hefty being alder with maple neck but it's a steal for the price and quality

Lonn

Poster Extraordinaire
Here is my rack of guitars. You'll notice a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat Plus Deluxe in there if your eyes are sharp. The Tele is also a high quality relic. Which guitar do I pick up first every time? The silver sparkle HB Fusion III. Every single thing about this guitar is perfect to me. Love the ergonomics (tummy and forearm), the roasted maple neck is the single best feeling neck I've ever played. Locking tuners, Wilkinson trem, and the pickups are also great to my ears.

wY6cKco.jpg