harley benton TE-30 finished and sound test through my vox ac30

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ben smith, May 26, 2020.

1. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Holic

frets had to be leveled only a couple high, pickups are stock i see no need to change them, gold hardware didn't fit of course but drilling was no problem, neck is beautiful to play even though it feels like the cheapest part of the guitar but i love the 13" radius it does play like a dream. excuse the crappy playing! going through my beloved vox ac30. i really do think this may be my favorite guitar... SAM_0644.JPG SAM_0645.JPG SAM_0647.JPG

2. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Wow,that looks great!

ben smith likes this.
  3. frettchen

frettchen TDPRI Member

It looks great! Did you assemled it? Love the gold hardware.

ben smith likes this.
  4. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Holic

it's a harley benton with all gold hardware, yeah i put it together but it was easy only re-dilling needed for a few things. thanks

5. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Holic

thanks man!

6. nicknklv

nicknklv Tele-Meister

Looks and sounds great! Very well done! Those pickups are really good!

Out of curiousity, what did you need to re-drill? Also, where did you buy the hardware from, and if you dont mind me asking, how much did it end up costing?

I have a black Strat copy that I'd like to gear up with gold hardware, and I've been looking around for parts. Gear4music have a bunch of parts at low prices, but I'd have to supplement that with an extra order from Thomann to put it together. Would love to know how you went about it!

ben smith likes this.
  7. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Holic

hello from leksand sätra! the pickguard was not the best fit around the heel of the neck so i re-shaped it but then the holes were off so i re-drilled the pickguard holes, the control plate was longer than the original plate so only had to re-drill one hole there. the hardware i collected over time on ebay because i had in mind i wanted a white tele with gold hardware but could never find a white body that wasn't £400-£500 so took a chance on a harley benton hoping it was the right kind of white which it was and better than expected. i bought all the hardware from ebay from many different sellers but nothing from china, as you know postnord charge 100kr for something that might cost 30kr import charges. it's not expensive hardware but postage plu the item amount to quite a lot in the end, the guitar cost £77 the hardware probably £100 or more. varsågod!

nicknklv likes this.
  8. nicknklv

nicknklv Tele-Meister

Toppen, tack! I love that white, got a Strat in white blonde!

I ordered a Musiclily pickguard off Amazon for my cheapo and the pickguard holes were off - not sure who to blame for that really. Likely the guitar maker (Gould) because even the holes for the backplate were off. Problem was solved by filling in the empty holes with black marker, worked like a charm on the black guard!

I'm looking at about 120 EUR from Thomann for all the bits and pieces, so in comparison, not that bad. Though it kind of makes me wonder if it's not just worth buying a new Harley Benton for that money if they sound this good!

Thanks for the info! :)

ben smith likes this.
  9. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Nice - love the cranked tones. A Tele does that so well!

ben smith likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.