1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Harley Benton copy of "The Prinz"

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by MaskedRider, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Aschwin

Aschwin TDPRI Member

These measurements are the same as mine.

Attached Files:

llamont and bender66 like this.
  2. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Aschwin and zippofan like this.
  3. xtal

xtal NEW MEMBER!

Sorry to bump this thread, but have just purchased one of these guitars! Just arrived and overall looks in pretty good shape (other than a few of the same issues mentioned) - bit of a steal for the price!

Just wanted to check in with some of the people who had bought one of these guitars in the past and see what upgrades they had made over time?

Has anyone countersunk screws into their pick guard? and what's the best pick guard replacement now - the costly scratch-it option?

Finally, was thinking about replacing the pickups and wiring harness in this. Does anyone know if something like this (telecaster option) would work with this guitar? I haven't soldered in about 20 years, so bit worried I might completely mess it up!

4. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I got the pickguard material from an Ebay seller in Germany, it was the closest I could get without dropping a ton of money on real celluloid. I had my luthier cut it the same time he installed my 'Madcat' decal. It could use a nut, but I was able to get it filed in the ballpark, and I did level and crown the frets. They could still use a better polishing though, it's on my roundtuit list.

Electronics were dime sized generic pots, so I replaced them with Bourns, and an Oak Grigsby switch. Pickups weren't bad, but I had a pair made from Rose Pickups, a Robusta and Buff Beauty combo. Bridge plate is from my VM 72 Thinline, saddles are Guitar Fetish. I also installed a cheap set of Grover tuners.

5. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Dan Spiffy Neuman Tele-Holic

I replaced the pickups with the same Bill Lawrence pickups that are in the Mad Cat reissue. I noticed a difference, but it was very minor, and I probably wouldnt do it again.

6. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Oh no here's comes the GAS attack.Can't think straight.Must not buy now.Must not buy now.Awaiting delivery of a HB silver sparkle JR.Must not buy this.It's on my wish list.Everytime I see it,GAS.Must not buy now.

xtal and zippofan like this.
  7. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

there is a guy online maybe ebay who can make the tiger guard or is it leopard

8. llamont

llamont TDPRI Member

Delete

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  9. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Without the proper celluloid it isnt ever gonna look right.

Eastwood is doing a purple and black version. FWIW, Wendy Melvoin had a purple Mad Cat.
    20201105_113405.jpg 20201105_113341.jpg

ben smith likes this.
  10. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

they are pretty cool actually

11. llamont

llamont TDPRI Member

Hey all,

Been working with my guitar plug on my HB TE-80 for a while now and here’s the most recent update as of 11/01/2020.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.