Hardtails are so rare

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Here you go. I chose hot rod red and tort for you.
1642351266318.png

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
marla-singer-836637-normal.jpg
I am looking for one. Nowhere to be found. I was such an idiot to sell mine years ago.
no no no no no you were not an idiot the todo that ! be nice to yourself . An idiot would have traded the guitar for a Marla Singer high malignance relationship. ( I actual think that Marla is on her way to becoming the healthy person in the film ) I have two Strats with a full ensemble of heavy duty springs all cranked down and the wang bar tail pieces are as stable as a hard tail string through body strat guitar.
You may have a though about this I want this I must have, and that's fine and you can get the same effect plus the springs according to Ry Cooder says that they add a little resonance as a plus .

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
My Strat partscaster is a hardtail. First guitar I assembled in the late '80s. I think that only remaining item on it now is the output jack. Same basic concept just better parts over the years.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I'm down to one Strat and keep the trem floating on it but, in the past, I usually kept the arm off and tightened down the tailpiece flush to the body. I didn't use the tremolo at all and tuning was much easier.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Look at the Tremol-no. I use it to lock down a 1996 Standard Strat. Quite effective, and can be undone for restoration to the original setup.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
Maybe a myth, but I still think the trem block adds something to the Strat's tone that I like. Of course, nobody can hear it but me.🤪

I always thought that was an old wives tale, but after playing nothing but Teles for a few months I recently broke out my Jeff Beck and I was amazed how loudly I could hear the springs resonate when I quit playing.

Now that I think about it, the tremolo on my Beck is floating, and I bet that makes the springs resonate much more.

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
You’re not the only one who can hear it. I hear a definite difference between a hardtail and a decked trem. I prefer the latter. So does Eric Clapton, for whatever that’s worth.
I went "the rustic route" - a tree in my old front yard in Warner was shedding a piece of bark and it's been blocking it for better than 10 years. Funniest part was I got it @ the Warner Recycling Center (I miss that place Men) for free. It was one of them Peavey EVH things with a pickup and all that was wrong was the Trem Block so I "barked it."
Works real good now.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
You can get a Squier Bullet HT strat, if you don't mind the slightly thinner body and lighter weight. There was also another Squier, made over a decade ago.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
The new Ibanez AZES31 is interesting too, but it comes with a master tone control and side mounted jack.

widefault

Tele-Meister
You can get a Squier Bullet HT strat, if you don't mind the slightly thinner body and lighter weight. There was also another Squier, made over a decade ago.
I was just about to mention those, but they are/were top-loaders if that's an issue.

I got lucky and stumbled across this "Rhapsoby" on Reverb. Made in Korea by Samick, string through hardtail from around 1982ish.

iiEkC4Y.jpg

Oddly, shortly after I found its slightly older, left-handed, unbranded twin

H2VEKrx.jpg

Then found a really odd Aria STG, 2 pickup, and also string through. This one is likely Korean, dated around the time the last Japanese ones were made, but has a plywood body and tuners I associate with Korean guitars

zOhfsZM.jpg

I've seen the Arias pop up from time to time, both 2 and 3 pickup versions.

Gclef

TDPRI Member
My warmoth hardtail

20211009_144118.jpg

Chambered alder hardtail with maple modern 59 roundback neck.

Ss frets
Planet waves auto trim tuners
Hipshot
Lace holy grails
A clapton circuit
Aaannnndddd, a fishman trem cover/battery to power it all.

Cost me about 1500 with case, if i dont count the full pickguard/electronics swap.