1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Happy Weird Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Nov 26, 2020.

1. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Hey folks. I usually do a thread with my smoked turkey progress pics, but I’m doing a regular oven bird this year. So this thread is mostly to say I hope that everyone is celebrating safely and finding a way to generate some joy on this weird Thanksgiving.

We lost my dad in late August, so this will be our first Thanksgiving without him - although we had been doing separate Thanksgivings for several years just because it’s the holiday that the other sides of the family ended up getting from the Christmas/Thanksgiving dichotomy. This year I wanted to make sure that my mom wasn’t eating a microwave turkey dinner off her lap while she watches Designated Survivor or something (which she’d probably not mind too much, to be honest). So we are going to go to my sister’s house and have an early dinner there. There are only 9 of us, so not too large of a gathering. We are going to wear masks until we eat, and then eat in separate rooms. It’s really unfortunate that we are still having to take these precautions 8 months down the line, but here we are.

I’m sure people have widely differing opinions about our choice, from it being terribly irresponsible, to it being overly cautious, but we are doing what we can to be safe while still trying to support my mom. None of us are work outside the home more than one day a week, and all the kids are in virtual school.

Anyway, like I said - I hope you and yours are finding a way to make the best of this Thanksgiving. Much love to all of you.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Lost my dad as well in early October.
    There is still plenty to be grateful for.
    Happy thanksgiving to all

3. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sorry to hear that, boss. All we can do is carry them with us and try to make them proud.

blowtorch likes this.
  4. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours
    Better days are ahead. It will just take some time

5. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving!

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Happy American Thanksgiving!

jondanger likes this.
  7. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Based on the thread title, I was expecting something like this -
    [​IMG]

jondanger likes this.
  8. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

@jondanger @blowtorch Sorry that there will be an empty seat this year, but hope that happy memories and stories abound

jondanger likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.