Happy to have found you all!

Tagliatellecaster

TDPRI Member
Hi, all! I've been toying with the idea of getting a tele for many years but only just stumbled across this community recently. I'm a lefty based in the south of Spain who plays electric and flamenco since the early 90's but hasn't been in a band for years. I just play and write for myself and the kids now, and build the odd electric for myself or friends. With flamenco I was lucky enough to get a guitar that I love straight off but I've never been really happy with any of my electrics, particularly the necks. After a fair bit of lurking here, I think it's time to start asking questions and getting involved, so I am looking forward to engaging with you on here from time to time!

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to TDPRI. I doubt you'll ever come up with a question that doesn't receive an answer. Sometimes our forum folk post an answer before the question has been asked. It's like they just know. 🤔 Kinda spooky.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
By strange coincidence, I play an electric flamingo as well.

:)
0f4a9276f9faa5430ec055de0232ef28.jpg

Oh wait;

You said 'electric and flamenco'.

Never mind.
Forget I said anything.

Boy, I'm really embarrassed now.
😣

Tagliatellecaster

TDPRI Member
Thanks, all. Sparky2, I am going to be staying up late trying to work out how those strings work.

Tenderfoot, I've stayed down in Rota near where you were stationed, and the cultural significance of the base in southern Spain can't be underestimated. If you talk to the generation that grew up in Seville, Malaga, Cadiz and so on while you were, they'll all talk about how their first encounter with American music, coca-cola and certain foods was through Americans stationed at the base, and some of the women get a bit dreamy-eyed remembering the soldiers they knew. Many marriages and families were formed, as well as life-long friendships. I bet you've got some stories to tell yourself!