1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Happy Day, Blonde Baja For Me!!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by cschlish, Mar 3, 2011.

1. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

Well after all this talk about finding an after market neck like the Baja, but having no luck finding one for resonable coin without trying to shave down an Allparts TMO-Fat. I just went ahead and bought the whole Damn guitar! Found a very lightly used Blonde one on GC used site for $499.

Jumped on it before another TDP'er saw it...It's pretty much the Tele I would build in my dreams going off the specs, sold my backup slide guitar (gibson SG special) and a cheap Partscaster for what I hope to be the Tele of my dreams!:D Here's to hoping I get one of the Fattest Necks and a sub 9 pounder, since it seems like they vary a little...I'll post pics when she arrives!

Cameron

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  2. BajaDerek

BajaDerek Tele-Meister

CONGRATS! Don't forget to Register on the BAJA owners thread!

3. BajaDerek

BajaDerek Tele-Meister

PS... this is the first time i've been able to say this..... READY??

PICS OR IT DOESN'T EXIST!!

4. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

Then it shall EXIST! I will register it the day it arrives, after I get done caressing that beautiful neck of course...

5. Coach305

Coach305 Tele-Holic

Maybe some pics of you caressing that beautiful neck...? :D

6. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

One of Fender's finest ever inspirations. You'll love it!

7. oxfordian

oxfordian Tele-Meister

+1

8. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats!

9. BajaDerek

BajaDerek Tele-Meister

chchlish> Congrats again. I can't say you won't be dissapointed....BUT I DOUBT YOU WILL! The second I got my Baja i said to my band "I wish I could put this neck on every guitar I own" I hope you LOVE IT!

10. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Congrats, you'l love it...........I really like mine alot. They're just simple work horse guitars that sound and feel great as well as covering all the bases whatever your taste in music may be. I wish I had know about the Baja's before I wasted money on a AV52RI. First guitar I've had in years that actully inspires me to go beyond my comfort zone and expand my playing. I've gigged mine on everything from ZZ Top to CCR to Bad Company to The Eagles to Dwight to Mearl to............well, you get the idea, it will do it all. The only major thing I wish I could change would be the finish. Something thinner that would show wear faster would be great. Mine is Sand and it looks to be thick and durable........It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the finish wasn't so slick............other than that, it's a keeper

11. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

Well since the last thing my wife will want to do is take a picture of me caressing the "other Women", ANOTHER Beautiful Guitar!:) I'll see if my 4 year old can oblige. Unlike her mother, she doesn't seem to hold any grudges against guitars...

12. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

Right there with you! I take a Scotchbrite pad and 0000 steal wool to most of my guitars nowadays. Necks, Bodies and Hardware, a satin finish just looks, feels and plays so much better to me. I'll try to post some pics of that process when I do it and PM you, so you can see the thread...

13. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Thanks, please do, I'll be looking for that tread........

Jeff

14. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

That's what I bought her for, the loaded up Ash body is just Icing on the cake!

15. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

PICS ARE HERE!!!!!

She arrived today safe and sound! My thoughts on the Baja's is that they are VERY impressive! Fit and Finish on this one is perfect, Pickups are really good and this is my first Tele with a 4-way switch and won't be my last. S-1 doesn't do a lot for me, but doesn't hurt to have it and the BEST part is that she weighed in at 7.2 lbs!

Actually I guess the best part of her is that she's a 2010 model and appears to have been played maybe 5 hrs total! Frets are untouched and the neck feels great. It has been three or four years since I got to play a Baja though and since then have been able to play some pretty FAT Tele necks. For some reason I had built up false hopes, I had dreamed up a Nocaster neck with a slight V added on just for good measure:eek:. Now that would be my dream neck!:D

I think if the Baja had it's exact profile with 1 11/16 nut width, it would have been pretty much what I was after. At 1 5/8's these long fingers need a little more shoulder to go along with the depth of the Baja. So, I may be posting the neck up for a trade. If someone has something bigger AND just as nice (Custom Shop) or a descent partscaster with a TMO-Fat on it, go ahead and PM me. All things considered, I'm VERY happy with the purchase. After all, being a practically brand new BEAUTIFUL Blonde that sounds as good as she does @ 7.2 lbs, I think I pretty much stole her! I'll try and get one in "action" pic out there, because I promised I would...

Cameron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  16. BadJaxx

BadJaxx TDPRI Member

mine is also a blonde 2010...not as lightweight as yours but not heavy at all...also bought used in like new condition...
    i had the same possible reservations about the neck...give it some time...i seem to be getting used to the narrower nut quickly...the profile helps...

17. zooropamofo

zooropamofo Tele-Afflicted

Beautiful guitar. Congratulations man!

18. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Beaut!! Congrats.

19. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Wow! Thanks for the pics.

20. ianasdfg

ianasdfg Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.