Happy Birthday Bob Seger 77

Joe M

Super Moderator
Staff member
Being a Metro Detroiter, Seger was always one of my favorites. I don't think I ever missed one of his shows from way back when his band was Silver Bullet.

Best story I have of him is, about 20-25 years ago we were in Nashville and making the obligatory visit to Gruhn's. I was checking out some gits and heard a voice behind me, talking to one of the sales guys telling him he was picking up a guitar that was on lay-away. I thought I recognized the gravely voice, but when the clerk asked his name, "Seger" was the reply. My head snapped around and, sure enough, there he was in the flesh. Was too star-struck to say anything, so just listened to the conversation. Way more to the story, but I'll save it for next time....;)

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
Night Moves still takes me back to my HS freshman year and girls I liked.

Turn The Page always gets the volume turned up.

Saw Bob in 1996 at the L.A. Forum. The most fun concert I’ve ever attended; everyone stood and all sang along because we all knew the songs!! Thank you Mr. Seger!

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
Saw him during the Against the Wind tour in 80 or 81. Biggest, best show I’ve been to before or since. Made a big, big impression. I still remember the lights going out for a couple minutes, then a lone spotlight shining up in the balcony where Alto Reed was out there among the crowd kicking off Turn the Page. Good times.

Last edited:

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I remember hearing ramblin gamblin man for the first time in about 1976 and saying, 'hey, is that glenn frey on the bg vocal?' and my friend laughing and saying 'no way'

I got night moves for my 16th birthday from my brother and wore it out... and loved Bob from then on. Hollywood Nights, gosh he had a run of albums that were just great. Big Fan! hope he has a great birthday...

First time I saw him was probably 72 at the Anaheim Convention Center, he was on a bill with BTO and I think he was the third band of four, we misheard the name and confused him with bob seagren the pole vaulter and we were like 'dang, the track star ROCKS' shows how dumb we can be at 12 years old.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Like A Rock takes me back four decades, to working for my dad several summers on a water well drilling rig. We worked every day but Sunday, from before daylight until it got too dark to run the rig safely.

I embodied the character in that song. I was in the best physical condition of my entire life, had that mindset, and I'll always associate that song with that time in my life.

Like anyone, Bob Seger has a couple songs I don't care for, but I've always been a fan.