Happy Birthday Bob Seger 77

toomuchfun

Tele-Afflicted
Sounds like a perfect age to buy a lottery ticket. I got to see him a few times in the 80's & 90's and it was always a great show with high energy and ballads. Alto Reed was a treat to see too. Happy birthday and many more.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I like Bob and really should listen to him more. For some reason I love Katmandu, but I think Against the Wind might be his masterpiece.

I have a somewhat humorous story involving Mr Seger. I was deployed to Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar in 2003 to work in a mission planning cell. That meant 7pm to 7am shifts almost every day for about 3 months. I was the lowest ranking guy in the shop and was very new to the unit so tried to keep my mouth shut and get along with everyone.

Shortly after our shift started, one of my coworkers would start up Bob Seger's Greatest Hits. When the album ended, he would restart from the beginning. When it ended again, he would restart it. This continued for most if not all night.

12 hours a day, seven days a week, for almost three months.

He was a nice guy, and he outranked me, so I kept my mouth shut and rode it out.

Almost 10 years later, we were the same rank and had been friends for years, and I reminded him about doing that.

He had no recollection of it. At all. Said he isn't even a big Bob Seger fan...

tweedman2001

Tele-Afflicted
Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
Happy Birthday Bob!
Been hooked since Ramblin' Gamblin' Man. Wore out copies of Back In '72 and Live Bullet. The first time I saw him was a really weird concert. He opened for Kiss
during the Live Bullet tour?????? I own every album by Mr Seger but none by Kiss although they did put on an amazing show.
Please, please, please put out an official CD release of Back In '72.