Happy 76, Dolly Parton

Flip G

Tele-Holic
August 25, 1978. I was ten years old. I was at a children's show at the Canadian National Exhibition. It was standing room only, and I was at the back. I couldn't see a thing. It was a show about electricity. This woman picked me up and lifted me so I could see my first demonstration of a Van De Graaff Generator. We both got exited. Sparks flew. Hair stood on end. She put me down. I thanked her so much and told her she was pretty. My brother, older than me by seven years asked, Do you know who that was?!? You guessed. Later that night she would be performing onstage with Eddie Rabbitt. I love you, Dolly!!!
bb98914341f0deee6df211ce66c79f5e.jpg

Last edited:

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
August 25, 1978. I was ten years old. I was at a children's show at the Canadian National Exhibition. It was standing room only, and I was at the back. I couldn't see a thing. It was a show about electricity. This woman picked me up and lifted me so I could see my first demonstration of a Van De Graaff Generator. We both got exited. Sparks flew. Hair stood on end. She put me down. I thanked her so much and told her she was pretty. My brother, older than me by seven years asked, Do you know who that was?!? You guessed. Later that night she would be performing onstage with Eddie Rabbitt. I love you, Dolly!!!
bb98914341f0deee6df211ce66c79f5e.jpg
Awesome!