Happy 72 Adrian Belew

lupowitz

Tele-Afflicted
While his well documented departure from Zappa is cringeworthy, one can't deny his worthy contribution to anyone who crossed his path, whether it be Bowie, Talking Heads or King Crimson.
But his own Power Trio is the best vehicle for showing us what he really thinks of music, I think:

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
He was sitting at a table next to us at a steakhouse in Decatur, GA a few years ago. In person he looks like the guy on Modern Family…they guy who played Al Bundy.

I only recognized him because I heard him telling his dinner party about his tech failing to bring the right number of guitars for his show that night.

I saw him with Bowie on the Sound and Vision tour, and then a few times with King Crimson. Incredible, unique musician.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
He's a unique, skilled player who has added his "thing" to many bands and projects.

I can't, however, forgive him for overproducing and overprocessing the Elvis Brothers' second album. The result was like listening to a rack of equipment instead of a straightforward, minimalist power pop/rockabilly trio. I think it was a wasted opportunity for the band.

radtz

Tele-Holic
While his well documented departure from Zappa is cringeworthy, one can't deny his worthy contribution to anyone who crossed his path, whether it be Bowie, Talking Heads or King Crimson.
But his own Power Trio is the best vehicle for showing us what he really thinks of music, I think:

That is cool AF (as the kids used to say). He needs to put on socks, however.

I should also point out that as a bass player I would have no idea what to play fro this song. I'm think random open strings and head banging like I had some idea what I was doing. Kudos to this lady.

Last edited:

grandstick

Tele-Holic
That is cool AF (as the kids used to say). He needs to put on socks, however.

I should also point out that as a bass player I would have no idea what to play fro this song. I'm think random open strings and head banging like I had some idea what I was doing. Kudos to this lady.

Julie Slick is an awesome musician in her own right.