Hankerin' For An AllParts Paisley Telecaster!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by tonytrout, Jul 23, 2019.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Since I miss my '96 Fender RI paisley Telecaster so bad, I've decided to save my money and have the guy that did TDPRI member, FredDairy's, paisley Telecaster to build mine and install a set of older/early Barden pickups and Keith pegs then (hopefully) have my bender guitar friend, Bill Bores, install another set of B/G benders in the guitar for me.....

All of this is gonna take about a year and a half because I've gotta save the $$$ first. :(

Wish me lucketh! The photos below are just examples of what I want the guitar to look like before I have the other stuff added to it:

download (1).jpg

images (1).jpg

rich815, Bones, Macrogats and 5 others like this.
  2. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Holic

I love my paisley’s are you using an allparts body? I think those bodies look pretty good.
    Are you having a neck built or using an allparts neck? Id suggest a different neck if you plan on using an allparts, unless you’ve used allparts before and like them. If you’ve never used one I’d suggest going for something a little higher in quality,
    From experience if you buy an allparts neck the frets WILL need work just a heads up.
    I’ve never bought anything from allparts that didn’t require “surgery” to make the parts fit right

Anyway have a great time in the wonderful world of paisley

3. Smylight

Smylight TDPRI Member

I bought a newer AllParts Strat neck a couple of months ago (Japan made) and to my surprise the fretwork was just perfect. A Tele chunky I bought a couple years ago had needed a light level so YMMV.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

4. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Holic

I’ve also only used one neck and am unsure of its origin, so I guess I’d give one a try if I could be sure it’s mij.

I’ve just had bad experience with allparts their products are close but just not close enough to fit with out some work.

5. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

This is my paisley parstcaster.

Baja 50s neck

Joe's Vintage Guitars paisley body using real foil paper. and JVG pickguard

Texas special pickup set

Electro socket jack cup

all other parts, genuine Fender.

DSC_3409 -1.jpg

1021181022a_resized.jpg 0928181930_resized.jpg

tvas22, 8trackmind, tonytrout and 3 others like this.
  6. tonytrout

I would have loved to have had a JVG paisley body but.....he's just too pricey for me. Anyway, I'll be getting an AllParts paisley body from a fellow TDPRI'er and getting the local guitar shop here to do the build and then hopefully send it to Bill Bores for the B/G bender install. And I'm not gonna sell this one! I ain't making the same mistake twice!!!! I was under the influence of painkillers the first time because I had just had major surgery on my foot and those Percocet did the "talkin'" for me. This time that won't be happening. I'm gonna keep it until they lower me in the ground.

Bones likes this.
  7. Bones

I got the JVC body with the pickguard on Reverb for $200. The guy selling it had bought it for a project and never got around to it. In the meantime, he must have forgotten what he paid for it, but I was super happy to stumble into it.

tonytrout likes this.
  8. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

This just came up in my YouTube feed:

I'm more of a blue floral kind of guy (judging by my avatar)

tonytrout and Bones like this.
  9. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Meister

Unless you already have the parts laying around, why not just try to find a used made in japan or CIJ guitar already made. It costs me at least $700.00(using quality parts, pickups, electronics to build a decent tele from scratch. That's with me doing all the painting and set up work. There is not that much difference in price to buy one new. The last I looked they were going for around a grand. Used probably much less.

tonytrout likes this.
  10. tonytrout

Ironically, I do actually have a MIJ 2002 paisley Tele that I bought about a year or so ago and have thought about using the neck and the bridge and control plate from that guitar (I have a set of older-period Bardens that I want to install in the new build as well). So, I may just do that. The MIJ necks usually fit perfectly with the AllParts bodies.....right??

11. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Meister

Not sure about that. As you probably well know, the original paisleys had a maple neck with maple cap fretboard. The Japanese reissues have a standard tele neck with the skunk stripe up the middle of the back. I had a maple capped neck from another build (Fender specs) and it didn't fit. I also have a 2002 MIJ and the neck heel was too wide(or maybe is was too narrow, I can't exactly remember which) for my other Fender spec. neck pocket. You may want to do your homework before trying that. The Allparts bodies should all be Fender specs so I think you are safe there. The hardware parts should fit ok though. I hope that helps!

12. Bones

I think the MIJ bodies are Allparts bodies, aren't they?

13. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Meister

Does anybody know what happened to Bill Bores? I hear he's been incommunicado for some time now.

14. tonytrout

He's still around on FB....although, I haven't contacted him in a while. I just checked there again.....that's weird....he's not responding to messages in the usually quick manner or not answering at all. I sure hope he's ok.......:(:confused:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.