Hamms Beer

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
Yesterday, my son gave me a call. He never does that unless there has been a crisis.
"Dad, I'm outside in my car. Let's go for a drive."
I walk out worried with my dog, Bindi, who is recovering from surgery, and climb in the back of his black, 1982, Mercedes sedan. It can operate on either diesel or vegetable oil.
I hand Bindi to his girlfriend, Molly, a 6 foot Amazon if ever there was one.
He hands me a cold can of Hamms beer, something I haven't seen in decades.
First sip was perfection. A classic American lager without any harsh overtones.
My first reaction?
It was better than PBR. Not as sweet as Budweiser. No earthy aftertaste of Coors.
For the 93 degree weather here on Bakersfield, sitting in the backseat with real C and W music in the cassette player, I couldn't have had a better
Cruise through the neighborhood with my son.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Yesterday, my son gave me a call. He never does that unless there has been a crisis.
I walk out worried with my dog, Bindi, who is recovering from surgery, and climb in the back of his black, 1982, Mercedes sedan. It can operate on either diesel or vegetable oil.
My first reaction?
It was better than PBR. Not as sweet as Budweiser. No earthy aftertaste of Coors.
For the 93 degree weather here on Bakersfield, sitting in the backseat with real C and W music in the cassette player, I couldn't have had a better
Did it have the barrel-shaped can?

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My first reaction?
In college, when the beer age in North Carolina was 18, the deal for cheap beer was a huge plastic cup of Hamms. What I remember is that a couple of them would give you a buzz.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I haven't heard of Hamms for decades. Man, just saying that makes me feel old!

I was 10 at a family reunion when one of my cousins called me to follow him into the woods. So I went and once in the woods, he pulled a beer out of his hoodie pocket. It was a Hamms and was the first taste of beer for me.

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
🎶🎵...from the land of sky blue waters...🎶🎵

It's not that weird that I still remember part of the jingle, is it? My dad had a bunch of Hamms pilsner glasses & a couple bar clocks.
Beat me to it!
My Dad drank Hamms, and Falstaff when I was a kid, in the early 60s.
I haven’t seen either since.
Glad Hamm’s is still around.
I wonder if Falstaff is.
I don’t wonder too much.
I remember liking both, when I could snitch a swig.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
Hamms-Bear-Raglan-T-Shirt_1296x.png

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
"Hamm's the beer refreshing, Hamm's"

Hamm's was the go-to camping beer. Stop by the old Bi-Mart, grab 5 or 6 cases of "Hamm's Golden Draft" for $10 a case and head to our favorite spots.

Haven't seen Hamm's around here recently. Since Coors Original 16oz six pack went up to almost $10.

I've been buying Rainer in the 16 ouncer's for $6.79. After reading the label. Come to find out.

Rainer is made in "Golden, Colorado" and owned by Pabst.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Beat me to it!
My Dad drank Hamms, and Falstaff when I was a kid, in the early 60s.
I haven’t seen either since.
Glad Hamm’s is still around.
I wonder if Falstaff is.
I don’t wonder too much.
I remember liking both, when I could snitch a swig.
Falstaff...that brings me back to the days of a mis-spent youth. We'd buy the Falstaff "Tappers", basically a mini keg. It would fit on the back mini-seat of my friends' Monte Carlo coupe right between the front bucket seats. While driving you could reach around with one hand and pour a cold one. (Public Service Annoucement-Please Don't Drink and Drive!)

1649522757547.png

:)

slauson slim

Poster Extraordinaire
My bedroom night light as a child was a Hamms Beer bar sign, animated and lit from inside, that showed a ship coming into San Francisco Bay under the Golden Gate Bridge. The sign gave the illusion of moving waves caused by the bow of the ship and car lights moving across the bridge.

San Francisco at one time had a Hamms brewery.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
My first reaction?
From the Land of Sky Blue Water.