1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hammond Organ

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by PastorJay, Apr 19, 2021.

1. PastorJay

PastorJay Friend of Leo's

My church has a Hammond C-3 (same electronics as a B3) and a Leslie 122 speaker. Organ is made between 54 and 61. Leslie speaker is CBS era, so about 65 to 74.

Nobody's played them for probably 5 years. So we're thinking about selling them.

A friend of mine who's a Hammond player tells me they're probably worth 4 or 5 K if we can find a retail buyer. Less if we wholesale to a dealer.

What's the market for one of these? How do we advertise? Is it ebay and reverb? Or is there a Hammond network of some kind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

A good B3 (and some are problematic) probably $4k. They can go from $2500 to $5k+ depending. Certain things are different certain years. I don't know the details. You will see them listed for more, but I'm thinking more actual sales.
    My buddy has acquired 4 or 5 in the last 10 years. He knows all the details, something about reverb, tremelo and other things. The 122 Leslie is popular. Not sure what they go for though.
    The C3 usually not as much. Maybe 20% less due to it's cabinet.

3. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

$3000 or so for the pair, as is. Don't be afraid tor take any offer over 2300.

No chance on a retail buyer since it's been sitting. Fully rebuilt organs go for $5k with a Leslie.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.