Hamilton v Verstappen

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
I hope Max doing a clean race today, and finally pulling Mercedes-Hamilton down to Earth.

F1 last years used to be boring, but for many reasons, it has radically changed this year.

Race!!!

edit. According to E. Fitippaldi: "... could be the race of the century"

Last edited:

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Meister
A lot of drivers have the shackles off today, as they have nothing to lose. I would not rule out a red flag early on, in which case Red Bull will stick medium tyres on, then it's pretty much a done deal for Verstappen, barring a mechanical failure.
If there's no red flag, I expect Hamilton to get ahead during pitstops and be comfortably ahead by the end.

swany

Tele-Meister
I really dont like anything about Verstappen , or his way to the top....Or his Dad , BTW....
Max won his WC in karting , because a danish driver was taken out , by M Verstappens teammate ...

There is only one thing to admire about him , and that is his raw speed. That is surely important , but not enough to be a real Champion in my book.

Hamilton can surely be a tough guy to like for some people , I know.

I just have to say that after many-many years of watching this sport real close ,IMO he is the most complete driver in a competitive car ATM. Im not really a traditional fan of anyone , but I like Hamilton more than Mercedes , thats for sure ....!

Dont forget , the best driver in the world may be racing in a hopeless car on the same track , or never had the chance of being in F1.......Just having the wrong passport is a major obstacle to jump over , remember...?

Look at the nationalities , and the number of racers from certain parts of the world , or lack of them...

Some of the fastest racers in the world are excluded , because they would never fit in the F1 cars....Most people in my country are too tall to ever fit in there.

Anyway , I hope there will be clean racing.....and may the best man win !
Mark Webber was 6 ft.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
And Kimi DotD!

Yep. Though I wish he could have completed (finished? Lol) the event.

What’s the over/under on him having a litre of vodka in him by now?:eek:

He is always the best interview in any sport, ever:lol:

Tele-Afflicted
I've just been reading some post race reactions online. As you may expect there are strong opinions expressed! My favourite comment was:

"Max Crashappen and Whinger Spice will be celebrating tonight with the people who drive the safety car" :lol::lol::lol:

Can/Will Mercedes appeal? I bet Toto is asking that right now!;)