Hamer Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mudshark, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

I've got an Indonesian-made XT "Sunburst (which is actually a gold top) with P90s. It makes a nice sound. I'd like an American version but they are many times more expensive in the UK, if you can find one.....

2. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

On the juniors with the Bigsby/Chigsby, did they original have wrap around bridges? If so what is the replacement bridge. I have a US Eclipse I wouldn't mind putting a Bigsby on. Thanks.

3. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

I love my Hamer XT
    [​IMG]

Brian Krashpad and brookdalebill like this.
  4. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

My new to me ‘97 Hamer Cruise Bass 5- string...

IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

Yum!

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

I had a Special & and a Studio ... still have a Mirage, a Newport, and an Ovation VXT (made by Hamer) all USA. also have an Echotone (Korean). love Hamer guitars, they take a back seat to no one. pity Fender put them out of business

6. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Fender did the same to Tacoma as well which made some great Acoustics before getting buried. This is a great thread with some beautiful guitars. I had a MIK Stellar model in the early 2000's which was a PRS style and it was great. Was never fortunate enough to have a USA model but was always a fan. It is nice to see Hamer back but it's just not the same.

7. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

I have a Tacoma too, and that one I can kinda see... Fender inherited a bunch of problems on Tacomas and got tired of paying for warrantee work on the finishes peeling off. they had to offer new replacement Fender acoustic guitars as a remedy in many cases. mine is peeling too. it was given to me by my brother just before he died & is practically unplayed. have decided to refinish it myself some day. too many other projects in front of that one.

Hamer on the other was always an upscale guitar (the USA builds) that could have been strong competition for Gibson and PRS, etc. they would not have competed with the traditional Fender guitar market like Start & Telle.

8. big jim

big jim TDPRI Member

Anyone selling something with P-90s?

9. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Here’s an update on my MIK Sunburst, since I have a better photo. I’ve continued to update it, making it as much like a real 4-digit as possible (lack of a Sustain Block bridge notwithstanding). I’ve replaced the electronics with full-sized CTS and Switchcraft parts and installed real Schaller tuning machines. Josh Gravelin’s double cream/zebra pickups remain. The guitar absolutely KILLED playing '70s cawk rawk at my 40th high school reunion back in April.

I'm a Tele guy at heart, but this one's a lifelong keeper:

[​IMG]

Brian Krashpad and stratohiker like this.
  10. tele advocate

tele advocate TDPRI Member

My MIK Trio

Rare Vector with block inlays w/ Dirty Finger Bridge pickup

Standard with Dimarzio Air Norton / Tone Zone in the neck / bridge, and other upgrades

Echotone with Slash pickups and a bigsby
    20181120_202611.jpeg 20181120_202539.jpeg 20180117_172211.jpeg

brookdalebill likes this.
  11. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

12. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Holic

Beautiful. Had one just like it as my first nice guitar in high school. Bought used in 1984/85 in Crystal Lake IL. I found mine for sale in a guitar shop years after getting rid of it,,, but I can tell this one's not mine.
    If you ever want to sell it, check with me first :)

stratohiker and maggieo like this.
  13. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I bought a Hamer XT last summer. Single cut, single P90 style. Really great guitar - build quality was much higher than the 2015 LP Jr I had. Easier to play, too. This guitar has a lot of bite to it.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.