1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hamer bridge help

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Fireball519, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

So a friend of mine gave me a tele body and neck(Hamer Korea.) I'm wanting to do a build on it. I love tinkering like most here do. The problem is, I didn't get the bridge for it and I can't seem to find one with this screw pattern. I can get everything else. Someone please help! 20190322_115609.jpg

2. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Is this like a Squier bridge pattern?

3. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

That does appear to be a Squire bridge screw pattern.

I have not had the pleasure of swapping bridges, so am unsure of measurements, however a check will tell all.

The outer screws might just fall in the same place as a four screw bridge assembly and allow you to install a compensated three saddle unit.

There are many very good ones on the market, from the quite affordable, all the way up to Callaham and Glendale products, which run around $150.00 or so with saddles.

4. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Thanks for the help! Would it hold stable with just the 2 outer screws?

5. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Those may very well work! That's awesome! Now I have a place to start! Thanks!

6. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

You'll want to have all the screws tightened up through the bridge assembly, as this helps to increase sustain and bottom end.

The ashtray might also have an issue with resonating at certain frequencies (some notes might cause a buzz), which would be a bummer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.