Hallmark 60 Custom

soulgeezer

Poster Extraordinaire
I know Bob Shade through a very good friend who has worked with him for years. I demoed in his booth at NAMM a number of years ago. He makes great guitars at reasonable prices. If you like Moserite guitars, you really can’t go wrong.

Rob J

Tele-Meister
I had one and wish I had kept it. It was a great guitar with a very distinctive tone. The only negative thing that I can say about it is that the low E string had a tendency to jump off the saddle if picked too aggressively. The break angle from the trem over the saddle puts sideways pressure on the string and it can pop off of the saddle. I had it happen a couple of times in the middle of a song during a gig and for a second or two, couldn't figure out what was wrong. I thought I had broken a string. Once I was aware of it, I was able to control it though. Other than that, I really liked it and as I said, I should have kept it.

The original Mosrites were known for having really thin necks and the Hallmark corrected the flaws of the originals.

HM-MOS-LUM.jpeg

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
I've had my C60 since 2008. All I can say is that it's custom shop quality, and Mr. Shade is giving them away. Compared to a Mosrite, the neck is slightly wider at the nut, and it has very small, but not "speed" frets. The guitar will get you a lot of attention, which is just another excuse to get good on it.

zook

Friend of Leo's
Thanks to you all, I'm sorely tempted. I like the Sunburst 60 Custom. I', old enough to have been around when Semie was making them., but never got one.