1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hall of TC

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Lunchie, Mar 2, 2013.

1. evvdcaec

evvdcaec TDPRI Member

You can download the artist toneprints or create your own. Yes, the HOF mini will only store one setting.

Even though it only has one knob, you can make that knob control up to three parameters at the time and decide how it controls them.

e.g.
    From 7:00 to 11:00 the trichorus is on 100% an the reverb level increases.
    From 11:00 to 12:00 trichorus decreases to off, reverb is full.
    From 12:00 to 5:00 the FX level decreases.

With this setup the HOF mini is a chorus, a chorus with reverb, as well as just a reverb pedal.

If you like to fiddle with knobs and dial in your sound on the fly, you should not get the mini. If you're okay with set and forget, the mini is great and has a freakishly small footprint.

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for the review evv. A pedal that tries to duplicate to much never works for me. I like simpler tools so I went with the original HOF. I already have a Corona Chorus so there was no need for that kind of combination in one pedal. This way I can shift between just the reverb modes I need.

3. evvdcaec

evvdcaec TDPRI Member

Don't miss the fact that you can do the same things on the original HoF. It's all built into the pedal and accessible via the TonePrint editor.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I just noticed their web page has two new pedals:

Helix Phaser

Viscous Vibe

I was waiting for TC to make a vibe pedal! I'm at work now and can't listen to the demo :(

5. Ian

Ian Tele-Afflicted

Ooh Hoo Hoo....Phaser eh?? Oh,yeah!!!

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks to the MF STOTD, I now have an Alter Ego V2 Delay. While most of the presets are more modulated then I'd like, I used the Tone Print Editor to make a basic delay without modulation. It works great in the loop of one amp and patched between channels on another. I'm sure I'll find uses for the more modulated delay as I'm using it for basic slapback and some ambient delays. Most of the time I leave it on in the background, just loud enough to hear. For $69.99 it was a no brainer.

7. Midnight_Train

Midnight_Train TDPRI Member

Besides all of the TC Helicon VoiceTone Singles and a Mic Mechanic and now a Ditto Mic Looper, I've got several TC Electronic pedals. My first (March of 2014) was a Ditto Looper. Then I added an HoF and a Shaker Vibrato. A few days later I ended up with a second Shaker. One of my stepsons got that for Christmas. Less than a week later, I added a FlashBack to the collection, and that's been it. (For now, anyway.)

Right now I probably have enough pedals of various brands to outfit most of the guys who played on the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary performance of "My Back Pages," but I could probably be tempted by a good deal on an AE, Corona, Helix, Spark, or Vortex. (Did I miss any?) I mean. having everything the same size and shape on the board is a Good Thing, right? :D

8. TelePrankster

TelePrankster Tele-Meister

Ditto and Polytune Nano for me. Perfect, enough said.

9. Zanko

Zanko TDPRI Member

I had a Flashback x4 and a Corona Chorus, sold them both after a while. They're great and they can do a milion things but i think they don't sound "special", i don't know how to say it but for some reason i prefer a boss dd3 to all the sounds i could achieve with the flashback x4. Same goes for the chorus, sounds fine but that's it, there's no "zing", something you can't really put your finger on, as Jeremy Clarkson would put it.

I also got a HOF mini to add reverb to my ibanez tsa15 amp which hasn't got one, it sounds good, one knob, fender reverb toneprint, it's just like having a reverb embedded in the amp.

Finally I have the trusty polytune, works fine, haven't had any complaints about it over the years so i don't feel the need for a change. The only thing is that i think a switchable buffer could be added since in most cases the tuner is the first or last pedal in the signal chain and many boards could use a buffer there. They could make it switchable like they do for the toneprint pedals so if you prefer a true bypass tuner you could have it.

All in all i've had my experience with TC but right now when i need effects i look elsewhere first.

10. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

I bought the MojoMojo as an impulse buy because it looked cool and it was cheap. Then I looked up some reviews before I even had the chance to plug it in and the reviews were mostly awful. then I tried and was pleasantly surprised. I really like the pedal and gig out with it all the time. It keeps company with my Wampler and Fulltone pedals. It does have it's own special vibe which is what I like about it. That may also be why some people hate it.

I have the Corona. It is not going to give you the fat effect that makes it sound like you're playing a Jazz organ or something. If that's what you want you will hate this pedal. What it does best, in my opinion, is add a little warmth and smoothness to your clean tone. For that purpose I like it a lot.

I have the Polytune. My Turbo Tuner is a better tuner but the polytune has a super bright and large display which I like a lot.

I have the Hall of Fame. It is good although it doesn't blow me away. I'm comparing it to a Strymon which might not be a really fair comparison. It is a decent sounding pedal.

I have the Alter Ego v2 which I like a lot. It's good for some over the top echo effects and is a really fun pedal.

11. jvanhorn

jvanhorn Tele-Meister

You should try the TC Mojo Overdrive and the Polytune. They used to make a great Tremolo. Buy it if you can find it. Great for Bo Diddley music, LOL.

12. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

It's cute when people come to this forum to tell the club why this brand isn't good enough for them.

13. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

BLASPHEMER!!!

14. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Anybody else using the Nova Reverb?
    I use it in church, and am happy with it. I like having two settings instantly available.

15. dtulsa

dtulsa TDPRI Member

Tchaikovsky electronics G system

Does anybody know about this systems has excellent reviews and the price is falling like a ton of bricks

16. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

I have an Alter Ego v2, Ditto X2, and a T2. The latter two are away for warranty repair. :(

17. scrumm21

scrumm21 TDPRI Member

Just got my 1st TC Electronic pedal..... Hypergravity Compressor..... really like it so far....

18. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Afflicted

Currently using only two effects pedals in my rig. Both TC.
    Flashback and Hall of Fame.

Other than those it's just the amp footswitch and an A/B

19. nwinkler

nwinkler TDPRI Member

Does anybody have the Sentry Noise Gate? How do you like it?

I'm using the Flashback Delay, the Vortex Flanger and the Polytune 2 Mini - all three of them are great.

I love the Toneprint function, the only issue is that I can never remember which Toneprint is loaded on the pedal. Did I put the "Modulated Delay 1" or "Modulated Delay 2" Toneprint on the Flashback??? How do people keep track of that?

20. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Tele-Holic

Just because the picture's fun...

MojoMojo.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.