Had Lunch with Brian May. He's using Kemper Now

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by noah330, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Man, I hope my non-malicious joke post had nothing to do with the direction this whole took. Yikes.

2. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire

No kidding! The irony is absolutely deafening. I had a hunch your name was Noah but I’m pretty clever about that sort of thing, so there’s that.

On a serious note, I don’t know what you can do about people who don’t have the sense or good manners to ask nicely when they’re confused about a member’s name or profession or who that member knows or doesn’t know. I’m sure if someone had said hey Noah330, what’s your name and what do you do for a living, a lot of this stupidity could have been avoided.

3. lil scotty

lil scotty Tele-Meister

I appreciate Noah's insights and do not doubt his legitimacy. However, I could do without the condescension. I understand his feelings are hurt but lots of what he consistently conveys is "I'm better than you, so nana nana boo boo!"

From Noah on this thread alone:

I'll stick to putting threads like 'what pups should I buy to put in the guitar I just ordered' if I ever to make anymore threads.

How about some clippage to show us how it's done?

Can anyone recommend me a petal that sounds like a TS but worse and has a waiting list? I need some need some new toolz.

Now, for TDPRI approved post - what kind of hat will give me the best toan for an open jam? I'm a working pro.

Jonzilla, maxvintage and Greggorios like this.
  4. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's

Sometimes it's not what is said, but how it's said. Love music, play guitar, peace.

5. lil scotty

lil scotty Tele-Meister

"Love music, play guitar, peace"

Hear hear!

6. umasstele

umasstele Tele-Afflicted

Not a Queen fan, but I watched that rig rundown. Wow! Brian May seems like a really cool/approachable guy, and he seemed really easy to interview!

Jonzilla likes this.
  7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Threads about Brian May are great, but these threads about Noah are the best! I know I've giggled at the cell pics, knowing they were taken by a fellow who owns Porsches and vintage bursts...I don't think that's horribly mean or confusing. I've also giggled about the consistently odd phonetic spelling of some of the words he uses...hey, I guess it's a persona of some sort. Still, nothing wrong with giggling about it.

Other than that I can't see anything to apologize for. I never doubted what he said, and frankly, his response seems a little thin skinned. We poke fun at people all the time....but then, most of them are "normal" people.

2 Headed Goat and Greggorios like this.
  8. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

9. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

'Poast'? :confused:

suave eddie likes this.
  10. Mike R.

Mike R. TDPRI Member

Seriously, which TS would be best for basement playing at low volume?

Also - I love this thread. Credible guy shares interesting story and gets slammed because he didn't provide enough proof.

You have to love the interwebs.

umasstele, awasson and StrangerNY like this.
  11. SheldonP

SheldonP Tele-Meister

I'll add my two cents to this already over-done discussion (because that's what we do, right?).

I joined this forum to learn, laugh and commiserate with people who have the same interests as me and generally enjoy the time I spend here. That said, it's the internet and the world in general is getting more cynical, rude and self-entitled all the time. Am I famous? Absolutely not. Have you seen me on stage somewhere? Moderately likely. I was that guy in black standing in back playing guitar or bass and singing backup. I spent well over 20 years as an on-call touring pro, but rarely share anything about it exactly because of the direction this thread keeps wandering off to.

Noah, thanks for sharing what you do. I personally enjoy your posts. If you do decide to stop sharing stuff like this, I totally get it. Keep being you.

black_doug, umasstele, Skully and 2 others like this.
  12. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

That's a great point. Some things have happened in my life in the last couple of years that I can barely believe. I've talked about it some on here, but now I make an effort not to because I don't want to look like I'm name-dropping just for the sake of it.

And I like Noah's posts, too. He doesn't go into great detail (I suppose because he doesn't really feel the need to), and that's cool.

And anyone who thinks you can't take blurry pics with a cell phone hasn't seen my phone pics. I'm pretty good with a DSLR, but I'll be damned if I can ever get my phone pics in focus.

- D

13. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

I don't know the first thing about Noah's private life. The first name dropping thread I saw was the recent John Mayer one. I thought, cool, he went to school with Mayer. Wasn't aware of any other threads involving famous players. The first I became aware of his presence here was a flurry of threads full of "cute" misspellings. I initially thought he was illiterate but quickly realized it was all intentional and probably took more effort to type it out than if they were spelled correctly. Then I thought he was probably just a teenager but was shocked to discover he is actually a full grown adult. Next I saw his posts denigrating the blues genre, talking about "bluze daddies" or something like that, and self righteous posturing putting down anyone who plays covers inferring that the only real music worth playing is original songs. It's just hard for me to take him seriously after reading most of his posts poasts.
    *edit* I mean "poasts".

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Thinliner, 2 Headed Goat and Bones like this.
  14. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

You know, the undercurrent people speak about, the "inside joke" feeling that happens in some of the OPs posts, well that has affected the spirit of this thread. That's why in my opinion these kinds of 'poasts' become the place to misdirect hostility.

Against my better instincts, I'm commenting again, but only because I like this place and the community here. Polarizing are issues of tone wood, blooze daddies, hand-wired maps, and expensive petal bords. I haven't exactly followed all the threads, but I personally think the past discussions contained elements of satire, and fun was poked, even though there was a general feeling of condescension. I'm sure that's how we sometimes come across for various reasons, subtleties of vibes we can't articulate over text. Lawd knows I have some posts I regret, and those that I don't.

I hate to say it but "Noah330" the myth, not the man, has become a polarizing element--one in which I risk looking like a "jealous loser" for not slobbering over a working professional. No thanks man, I have to learn to avoid these things.

maxvintage and GibbyTwin like this.
  15. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I know exactly what you mean. I am fair to middlin' with my DSLRs but I have never been able to get what I consider a good picture with any of the phones I've had. I use my phone occasionally when a quick snap opportunity arises, but I always consider them to be awful shots.

StrangerNY likes this.
  16. magicfingers99

we each create our own "coolness" it usually doesn't descend upon us from on high. most would do better to find their own coolness rather than attempt a coolness transplant from a donor body.

a low status person doens't become a high status person by buying a magic instrument,device or service. once must align the vibrations and find which way their compass points and follow that path, the dullness the oppressive sameness of all wanting, desiring the dreams that have been implanted by the machine, can be broken by finding your own dreams and your own paths and creating your own vibrant world, not watching shadows of reality on dreamboxes.

17. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

Dang it, I don't know what I'm going to do with this "magic" underwear I bought then....I thought since it had telecasters on it I would play better.

18. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Potatography is this only thing in this thread that interests me. The rest of it, I have no idea about other than the people who question the integrity or motivations of the OP .I think all of the More prolific posters fall victim to this and probably even participate in it, even unwittingly sometimes. When I was doing the marine mammal rescue gig, certain people doubted that I did that work or felt I was posting about it to make myself look good and I would get PMs saying as much. Eventually I stopped posting about those adventures and stopped inviting TDPRI members out to the Aquarium for a tour and lunch. Now, I just stick to dog and bird photos and not even much of that anymore. Forum life is a weird balancing act and no matter what you say, it's going to be misinterpreted by someone.

Sometimes it feels like this place is dying an agonizingly slow death and that many people come here mainly out of habit now.

awasson, suave eddie and pondcaster like this.
  19. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Redacted.

20. magicfingers99

ya got a 50/50 shot, man I'd wear them on the outside so the coolness can radiate and influence, and just to let people know you have them...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.