Had Lunch with Brian May. He's using Kemper Now

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by noah330, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScubaGeek

ScubaGeek Tele-Meister

BTW, exactly what is a Kemper profiler? I've never heard of that. Is it some kind of modeling amp? Anyone want to provide a link, please?

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

3. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Most players using modeling are purchasing someone else's tones, going for some kind of soundalike sound, which is not what May, a creator, is doing. He is managing his own sound (and most of the time has techs to help manage the devices). It really makes no real difference if he is Brian May through AC30 or Brian May through models of his own AC30 tones. Either way, it's his sound being produced, which allows him to create his own music which is not at all what many equipment-based tone chasers are doing.

RoyBGood likes this.
  4. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Holic

So its all your fault everything went downhill in the 90’s. :lol:

dlew919 likes this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’ve always fully believed everything he posted and now that we have the explanation for the foggy photos so much the better.

I kept my Nokia candy bar phone far too long. :lol:

keep posting Noah and thanks for the stuff you have

6. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

I appreciate the story. :)

7. black_doug

black_doug Tele-Afflicted

Well I for one find this interesting. It has me giving serious consideration to the Kemper Profiler Stage Floorboard.

8. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

Boxers or briefs?

Very cool Noah! :cool:

9. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I put a pic of his AC-30s front and back along with what speakers he's running. A few weeks ago I put up some of JM/BW's stuff.

I would be interested in hearing about your time scuba diving with Jerry Garcia, sounds pretty interesting. I never met the guy but I know he was into diving and I know some people that were close to him.

I was planning on putting up the Kemper profiles for those of us who own Kemper stuff, but I guess that wouldn't really be worth it either.

As for the physical therapy thing there isn't a joke there or anything. They legit have one traveling on this tour. Not that uncommon TBH. Was just a sign that was hanging up outside BM's room.

I'll stick to putting threads like 'what pups should I buy to put in the guitar I just ordered' if I ever to make anymore threads. Like I said, I just figured some folks would be interested in seeing what people are using out there this summer.

10. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

I am absolutely and irrevocably interested in what people are using. Being somewhat of a Brian May fan, I have always found it fascinating how he embraces digital technology once it can suit his needs.

If you have lunch with, I don’t know, joe bonamassa who sticks with the trad stuff, post that too. And yep, I don’t need to see the player. Just the gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awasson likes this.
  11. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I don't know Bonamassa. Once I got an email from him when I was selling something that he didn't end up buying but I've never met him or anything. A friend of mine who was a teacher of mine in college - with JM like I explained a while back (Tomo Fujita) was just hanging out with him. Not sure if he's a member here, although I think he used to be. He had put some pics up the other day maybe reach out to him.

dlew919 likes this.
  12. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes, that's the evil of digital-purchasing someone else's tone. It's not original and unique like a Les Paul into a Marshall, a Strat into a Twin, or a Tele into a Deluxe Reverb...

stevemc and dlew919 like this.
  13. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

...well, some of it: according to gilmourish.com it’s had two new necks, a 5-way switch, and a Kahler trem fitted and removed since then.
    http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66

14. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

In regards to the harmonies, I've seen Jeff Beck (during the Rough and Ready tour in the early 70s) and Randy California (in the 80s doing a three piece Spirit with Ed on drums and a bass player named Liberty) both do 3 part harmonies during solos with a single Echoplex and amp. It was pretty amazing both times.

Greggorios likes this.
  15. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I spent the better part of Sunday evening with Beck (Hansen), Cage the Elephant and Spoon.

16. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

You were right the first time... There are people who are mighty interested in hearing about what guys in the music world are using.

I’ve seen plenty of your posts but I’ve never seen any of your insider posts until this one. That’s pretty cool. I had no idea but I never for a second doubted your initial post or thought it was name dropping.

I’ve got friends in the recording business up here and it’s pretty commonplace for one of my buddies to tell me about his interactions with various rock and roll folks. He’s pretty much the same way. His stories go a bit like: “Oh, the other day I with so and so and AC/DC were in town recording so we did, etc....”

It’s not bragging it’s just sharing a story. If I had lunch with someone iconic like Brian May and he had something interesting to say about his gear. I’d post that info as well so thanks.

Jim622 and black_doug like this.
  17. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Really? Because I think he comes very close to or just outright humble brags. Which is fine of course, but prepare to be called on it. Then there's the whole mystery of how he gets the opportunities, and some people are like, duh, it's obvious, and keep it to themselves. If I didn't know better I'd think he was Kanye West.

2 Headed Goat and maxvintage like this.
  18. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

What is the mystery? Real name, real picture, real location, real explanation, etc.... I said a few weeks ago JM and I were friends from college and I brought my kid, who plays to hang out with him for a few hours.

IRL I'm friends with a bunch of normal people who I know from online forums (Tag and Tweedy are probably the most notable). Plus I'm the same guy on Instagram, Facebook, etc... as I am here.

I guess I should be 'transparent' like "Mr. Scallywag". Then there would be no confusion. No offense but honestly you would have more of a chance of being Kyle West than I would because (1) I'm the guy in my avatar named Noah who lives in Maryland and puts videos of themself playing now and again and (2) you're cloaked in anonymity. How about some clippage to show us how it's done?

Can anyone recommend me a petal that sounds like a TS but worse and has a waiting list? I need some need some new toolz.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    MilwMark, twangjeff, stevemc and 11 others like this.
  19. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I get it. The only famous musician I had a chance to talk to was Elvin Bishop. Didn't ask for an autograph or a picture. We traded some comments about the band on stage. I wont mention their name. Wouldn't want to drop names. He and any other person are just people. It has to be at least a little uncomfortable to have people want your picture. If at lunch he could have spinach in his teeth. If I was in a type of work setting it definitely is not happening and I sure am not going to walk around like a tourist taking pictures.

Even if you doubt his post, it is just flat out rude to just call someone out as a liar for no good reason, especially someone you do not know. Momma taught me to have a little manners and respect for others.

stevemc, Ironwolf, awasson and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Are you calling John Mayer a non-normal person?

Seriously though, assume people here are not intimate with the intricacies of your life. I don't think you're lying, but sometimes your posts are like trying to crack the enigma code. A little clarity is all I want at least.

And I actually did want to know what Brian May had for lunch.

maxvintage likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.