had android tdpri app (dont work now)

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by robert donithan, Jul 4, 2015.

1. robert donithan

robert donithan Tele-Meister

Can you tell me how to get tdpri app. for android phone?...I can seemingly post pictures with the app. only not directly with the website...

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Well, there are a couple of links to the Android App in Sticky threads in this forum and you could always download the app from the Google Play store.

Here's a thread with the link: http://www.tdpri.com/forum/mobile-app-support/538900-android-app-available-download.html

Part of your question confuses me, "I can seemingly post pictures with the app. only not directly with the website..." If you could explain your issue more completely I'd be happy to help you. Yes, you can upload photos with the app - but you also can upload photos on a mobile phone with the mobile version of the website. So, give me a more complete explanation of your problem and I'll do my best to help out.

Lastly, when posting a new question about a problem it's always best to start a new thread with your new question rather than tacking it on to some other thread about a completely different subject. That's why I removed your post from that other thread and gave your question it's own thread. Hope this helps.

3. robert donithan

explain problem

What I meant was I tried posting pictures (attachments) from the regular mobile phone tdpri website and failed, I guess because I couldn't figure out the "URL" attached to the picture that I was trying to post..the attachment icon wanted a URL and I couldn't figure out where to look. When you take a picture there is "info" or numbers assigned to it, but I didn't know if they were an URL...

4. robert donithan

Some how the old tdpri Application stopped or discontinued, I was able to post pictures through the application but not through the regular mobile phone tdpri version..even though I tried using the attachment icon..

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Got it. Actually, you have two choices, upload a photo from your phone's gallery or post a URL where your photo is located on some other website.

It works exactly the same as on the desktop computer, but it's my guess you may not know the process on a desktop computer - so saying that isn't much help.

The reason is you are using the "Quick Reply" method to respond to posts. The Quick Reply message box doesn't have the photo attachment icon - only the photo embed icon.

So, the first thing you need to do is go to the "Full Editor". It's easy to do and there are two-ways of doing it.

1. Instead of scrolling down and using the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread you simply click the large "Post Reply" button on the left hand side of the page.

2. OR... you scroll down to the Quick Reply box and click "Go Advanced"
    Either of those two actions will bring up the Full Editor.

Once you bring up the Full Editor you want to click (tap on your phone) the Paper Clip icon. It looks like this: [​IMG]

This will open a new window with upload options for you to upload a file from your device. On the phone it will want to upload from your Gallery, while on a desktop computer it will want to upload a file from your computer's Hard Disk.

You simply click the "browse" button to locate the image file you wish to upload (or on the phone you can take a new photo right then to use) and then you MUST click the "Upload" button.

When done close that attachment window and you're all set.

Let us know if you have any other questions or problems.

So, it's all very simple.

6. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Yes, we know. We discontinued it 3-months ago and posted numerous notices about it for approximately 1 to 2 months prior.

However, there is a new Android App and this is the app that I posted a link to in the #2 post above.

You should delete the old app from your phone as it is no longer usable.

7. robert donithan

It says "not compatible with your device"...

8. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    So, Sorry. I guess you have an older version of android then. Our Android app works on all Android installs that are ver 4.0 and above. Android 4.0 came out October 22, 2008, nearly 7 years ago.

Try using the mobile version of the website as I described above. It does exactly the same as the app and you don't need to download anything.

9. robert donithan

finally!!!

It took a while but following your instructions-manage attatchments-hit download-close window-submit reply-success!!

Attached Files:

10. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Great day to learn a new skill. Way to go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.