Guyatone fans?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleBrew, Apr 24, 2011.

1. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

will the tremolo go really fast? the EHX pulsar will go super fast but there are other problems with it. . .how fast does this Guyatone go?

2. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

I use the ST2 compressor. It's pretty awesome.

3. a.francis.1968

a.francis.1968 TDPRI Member

I have been using a Driving Box ps-103, known as the "Japanese script logo MXR"or equivalent sound to I guess, I didn't come up with that web blurt !! but it is germanium, lovely sounding compressor from very early 70s, later Guyatone used the PCB from the driving box for Vox and this was used in the 1903 compressor probably different components but similar, saying that there really aren't to many compressor designs for stomp boxes.. I have a Phaze Sonix driving box also which is a phaser with a lovely sweep and even get those roto vibe sounds out of it.. Yes Guyatone, quality from a Bye gone era which you can pick up dirt cheap because no ones ever heard of or knows to much about them... The only down side is they arnt true bypass so youll need to loop them put but the compressor and the red light always stays on as a battery checker, some I think earlier had the light above the control knobs and no wall wart ability.. I kept on at all times at about 11 o clock position and it added a little shimmer and evened out the volumes between bass and treble on my 12 string.. If you see one buy it you won't regret... I now use a BMF compressor so guyatone is relaxing in the drawer Untill his big moment again..
    It loves to eat up batteries which is why it's imperative to obtain with power supply abilities..

image-1634603098.jpg

4. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Tele-Holic

I've had the micro pedal tuner for years. Never had a single issue with it.

5. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I've had the ST2 comp, the TZ2 Fuzz, the MC3 chorus, the HD3 distortion...all very good...wish I had them all back again...wah!

StratmanSteve likes this.
  6. Tonechaservs20

Tonechaservs20 NEW MEMBER!

I just bought a GA620 amp at a yard sale this past weekend for $25. It’s completely stock except for one Telefunkin tube. I haven’t plugged it in yet I’m cleaning all the boards and replacing the two prong plug first. I hope it works. Does anybody have any experience with this amp? From what I have learned it is 17 watts with a 12 inch speaker and sounds like a Princeton Reverb.

7. High Head Brad

High Head Brad Tele-Meister

I'm always looking out for the Flip VTX Tremolo which I'm super keen to try

8. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

Had a Guyatone compressor I got in PDX, sounded good until it suddenly stopped working a couple years later.

9. StratmanSteve

StratmanSteve TDPRI Member

I still have my TZ2 "The Fuzz". Sounds like a Super Fuzz though the circuit isn't quite the same. You can get some ring mod sounds out of it, too. Like most everyone else, I hate dealing with the rubber ring to change the battery. Little box, huge sound!
    [​IMG]

10. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

Zombie Thread Alert.

One thing I noticed is this pedal:

This particular PS-103 Guyatone Driving Box has the same round CA-3080 Op/Amp that is used in the early script logo M-103 MXR Dyna Comp. I have played a couple of them and they definitely get to a similar zone as a script logo Dyna Comp. They are usually still under $100

11. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

i had an old guyatone flanger which was my first non drive pedal. i think it was the 700 series? it got stolen with my boss hm2 heavy metal milj. later i also had a distortion sustainer which i swapped for an ibanez soundtanl tubescreamer

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.