Gut Shots of my 2 Ceriatone Builds

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by cpk313, Nov 18, 2019.

1. cpk313

cpk313 TDPRI Member

Built their Princetone Clone and a 6v6 JCM800 type (2202HW) with their buffered loop.

PrinceNR.jpg
    20191114_172527.jpg

tvas22, King Fan, FenderLover and 8 others like this.
  2. RoarDog

RoarDog Tele-Meister

Gorgeous

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    cpk313 likes this.
  3. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

whistles.....

clean job!

cpk313 likes this.
  4. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

point to point? I don't see any of that here... but -

Pretty neat packages, and you have built them very well!

cpk313 likes this.
  5. RoarDog

RoarDog Tele-Meister

Yeah I didn't mean the old school post type, but just really clean, easy to follow work. Bravo.

cpk313 and jhundt like this.
  6. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

yeah, you're cool. My apologies. I just slipped into that "TDPRI know-it-all" mode. And yes, you are right, this is a very clean build.

RoarDog likes this.
  7. D'tar

D'tar Friend of Leo's

Oh boy, how do they sound. I cant get over the C Wreck demo...... Must......resist.......temp.......tation!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    cpk313 likes this.
  8. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

Technically, neither are point to point.

9. cpk313

cpk313 TDPRI Member

Thanks all!! They both sound very good to me. For the Princeton clone I put in all the 1w CC's, the kit came with a mix of 1/2w CC and CF, most everything else came in the kit though I did use EBY sockets and the tubes currently are Raytheon's but I have a pair of RCA's coming from KNC tubes.

I just finished the 2202HW and again I swapped out resistors with a lot of Piher and Iskra 1w's, the bug green pio cap is also not stock to the kit. I opted for the buffered fx loop kit which is switchable and originally I had it after the master volume and was contemplating taking it out until Nik from Ceriatone said that it really needs to go in between the treble pot and the MV. It made a really significant improvement. I have never heard my carbon copy sound so good, really kind of stunning. Have Brimar's in the amp and EBY sockets except the PI which is a Tungsram.

Got the amps because I had planned on building a 2 channel Matchless clone (Spitfire & Nighthawk) had all the parts but had planned to add reverb and a buffered loop and do it point to point and thought that for a first build I had bitten off a wee bit too much. So I thought building two well thought out kits was a good intermediate step. Both amps took a good 5-6 days of concerted effort and a day or 2 to iron them out after first ignition. Nik from Ceriatone was really great to deal with, I think his kits are really high quality even if you didn't sub any parts. Only problem now is my drive to do the Matchless clone has pulled off to the shoulder, eased the seat down and closed it's eyes

D'tar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.