Guitars that never made it

NTC

Tele-Afflicted
There were some Gibson Modernes made in the 80's. I remember seeing one in a music store.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Roland G-707

1D882465-4D8B-4939-A4C7-AFA4705F32BD.jpeg

Gibson Corvus...I actually got to play the SSS version, like the one in the pic but canary yellow, once and it played and sounded great! I remember it sounding like a beefier Strat.

E52521DF-3D87-467A-8225-CB560580C174.png

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
The salesman in the music store which I shopped most often called those Gibson Recorder. He said it was designed for studio work. I remember they were pricey and a little ugly. As I recall they also weighed a ton.
ya i knew a fella that had one..he also said they were for recording...and they are heavy weighed a lot more than a standard strat or tele..somwhere around 8-9 lbs i guessed..at least it felt that way when i played it..i had a tele at the time was light by comparison..it did sound nice clean..never got to play it with distortion though

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Like this one http://gearlicious-images.s3.amazon...d-top-semi-hol-2799-99-1-0-838-alex/b3476.jpg ? I think that's a pretty cool lookin' guitar. I'd still rather have my Starcaster with Fender scale length and a maple board, but that Gibson kind of does it for me when most of their models don't. I'd lose the pick guard and extra poker chips around the knobs.
I would absolutely love to get back my old guitar but it is way out of my reach financially here's a few pictures
R-4458289-1473008769-7946.jpeg.jpg

Martin M-65 at work -- and he could really play. Hot Little Mama, Gangster of Love, Three Hours Past Midnight and so on.

When the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band did their ( maybe 50th?) Anniversary Concert a few years back (with all kinds of special guests, on PBS), Jackson Browne came out playing one of these Martin electrics.
Besides being funky, it had a great, crystal clear tone!

Attachments

• lf.jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 44

edvard

Friend of Leo's
Had one of these Ovations for a short time back in the late 70's, holding it for a friend. He eventually offered it to me for $100.00 and I past on it. Awful to play sitting down.

I love these guitars so much, and never had the coin to drop on one, so I built a tribute in 25.5" scale. It plays just fine sitting down, you just have to hold it like a classical so the neck is angled up and the lower cut sits on your leg instead of the side cut so the body sits in front of you instead of to the side. I remember when Eastwood started building them, there was a guitar player who was wheel-chair bound got one and said it turned his whole playing around because it was actually easy to play in the sitting position.

I used to see these for $450 all the time at pawn shops and small music stores, but then Tom Morello played one for three seconds in a video, and they shot up faster than a Falcon 9 overnight.

edvard

Friend of Leo's
Guild S-60, S-70, and S-300. Aside from a few die-hards like Kim Thayil, they haven't gotten much attention despite being well-built guitars.

Alcohen

Tele-Meister
The Gibson Maurader never made it either
My first guitar. Bought it from Don Dimasi in High School. I still have it but will sell it if I ever get around to replacing the cheap frets (worn to nothing up top by too much wheedly-deedly over the years) and tuners (bent and broken). The Bill Lawrence pickups are interesting looking but not great, to my ears. I do like the fast neck, though. Very comfy for the small handed. An odd instrument, very much of its time, the wandering-in-the-desert years of both of the Big Two.

3A606AA4-FEA4-4624-A4BB-364733B62607_1_105_c.jpeg

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
I don’t think the Hamer Electric Mandocello ever got where it should have gone. The only guy I know of who played a Hamer electric Mandocello was Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick.