Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Some 1980's wedges and a boat paddle.
images (6).jpeg

download (7).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
The Marauder had a brief run, thanks to KISS.
That was actually my first "real" guitar (not because of KISS) - blonde with a white pickguard. Nostalgic me started looking around for one a few years back, and holey schnikeys, people were (and still are) asking quite the chunk of change for them. As in, $1500 and up.
I associate them with Harvey Milk, who make that guitar sound great.

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Definitely was known as "Recording Model" back in the day. Heavy as heck according to reports.

Given the choice I'd choose the over-blinged LP Custom, but the Recording Model would be fun to show up with at a practice and make the bandstare.
I saw Jeff Martin (Tea Party) play one at a solo gig. Tone for days. His vocals are in the same category

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
That was actually my first "real" guitar (not because of KISS) - blonde with a white pickguard. Nostalgic me started looking around for one a few years back, and holey schnikeys, people were (and still are) asking quite the chunk of change for them. As in, $1500 and up.

Somewhere along the line in the last few years, as the quality guitars that were made in the past hiked up in price, people decided to start asking big money for anything old. That includes the guitars it were low-level like the Marauder that they think are somehow worth similar money.Look at the Fender Mustang for an example. Or any of those horrible discount store Japanese guitars from the 60s and 70s.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Gretsch TK 300. Looks like they just gave up when they got to the headstock! View attachment 944866
I remember as a kid ( lusting about ALL guitars. yet knowing nothing about them)

Picking up a Gretsch catalog at a music store, looking at all those beautiful hollow-bodies...then seeing this one!
Even at 16, I was thinking " What the heck is this?!"

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I used to be in a Classic Rock band in the early '90's, and our bass player had a Marauder.
I only ever played it a few times at band practice, but it was kind of fun! Powerful ( Bill Lawrence?) pickups, fast neck, funky body.

middy

Friend of Leo's
I used to be in a Classic Rock band in the early '90's, and our bass player had a Marauder.
I only ever played it a few times at band practice, but it was kind of fun! Powerful ( Bill Lawrence?) pickups, fast neck, funky body.
Your username sticks in my head because I can’t figure it out. Keeps me up at night. 😅

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Your username sticks in my head because I can’t figure it out. Keeps me up at night. 😅
OK- not the first time I've heard this, so...

It's logical (but just to me) yet goofy
My name is Joe Chiocca ( Chio)
I play guitar ( gtr)
I'm a ( too!) big guy 6'5"/ 300+ lbs
and a 4XL ( 4X)

'Chiogtr4x'

Edit- I'm now actually a 5X ( damn!!) but NOT updating username!