1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitars That Has Been Neglected But Shall Make a Return Soon?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Okay, I'm pretty sure we all have multiple guitars since that's what guitarists do, it's with us and guitars as it is with a woman and shoes.

But the thing is that we tend to be loyal to just one and leave the others to gather dust, sometimes not playing them for years, forgetting that we even own them. Until you open up its case and you go "Oh yeah!"

So let's name those guitars you're only rediscovering.
    DSC01999.JPG
    This is my "Son of Fido" which was meant to be my Mutt guitar, made the body myself out of walnut, it has the neck of an old Musima strat copy of which I altered the headstock and used it as my main guitar with my old band.
    [​IMG]
    The Son of Fido and it's twin sister the Fido 3$ (Triple buck) back in 2009 when I made them, I have since overhauled both guitars but when I see that picture on how the former looked and sounded I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to fit the extra pickups and to leave the Kahler bridge on.

For the last couple of years however I placed it on a multi stand in my man cave and forgot about it. But yesterday I picked it up once again and that neck profile just felt so familiar, so I put some new strings on there and basically fell in love with it all over again.

2. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

i`ve always wanted an SG with maple fretboard,like in the first photo. Guitars i`m neglecting at the moment is all of em cos i`m out of inspiration recently.
    Good thing is i have em all within hands reach in my living room except for an nylon string acoustic under the bed which i haven`t seen in ages

3. CalebAaron666

CalebAaron666 Tele-Holic

I have a Gretsch 2622T Streamliner with TV Jones Classics that sounds awesome! It’s my only semi-hollow. I prefer my full Hollowbody Gretsch’s, but this one is so fun to play!

I’ve been lending it to a friend of mine, and I’ve only played it once in the last 5 months. I took it home to change the strings for him. It has a bigsby, and if you’re not used to restringing one of those, it can be a bit stressful. I figured I’d do it for him, and save him the headache.
    I plugged it in afterward and WOW! I almost forgot what a great sounding and playing guitar it is! It maybe has the easiest neck of all of the guitars I own.
    Someday, I’ll start playing it more... when I get it back!
    0BEFC830-121D-44D9-8309-867EF09BFD36.jpeg 94ED04AF-5468-4F0C-8F77-24F108B83B37.jpeg

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My gold top Les Paul.
    It has P90s.
    I don’t like P90s.
    I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of a set of Kinman Alnico V noiseless pickups for it.
    The guitar has a great feeling neck, so I play it unplugged.
    It will start going to gigs with me when the new pickups are installed.

5. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

My Gretsch 5420T hollowbody - but I put it away, then heard Brian Setzer in the stray cats for the first time in years. I raised the pickups, and it's back, baby. I nearly sold it...

Next up, coming to terms with the fideli'tron in my Squier Cabronita

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  6. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

I'm utilitarian... I have ONE of each primary guitar (1 tele, 1 strat, 1 les paul, 1 steel string acoustic, 1 nylon string, etc... etc...) so everything has it's place, and a particular job.

My Les Paul gets used the least but not by choice, I love playing it - it's simply because I don't get many gigs that call for it.

P Thought likes this.
  7. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Holic

Carvin SH550.

8. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

It’s about time I picked up the Ibanez AG75 again.
    I have more shoes than guitars though.

rocks2oldies and Straydogger like this.
  9. kaludjerko

kaludjerko Tele-Meister

Squier Vintage Modified Mustang that I got last year. One of the most wonderfull neck of all time.
    I had to bring along my daughter, one and a half at the time who waited paitently while it has been set up for 45 min...

Mustang.jpg

audiopablo, Skydog1010 and Blazer like this.
  10. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

My AV58RI

11. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Hadn't played my Epiphone Dot (in the center of the photo) in quite some time. Brought it out for my band's jam session last week and it played and sounded SO good. Think it'll be my go-to for a while:
    NGD.JPG

matmosphere, Toadtele and akuster777 like this.
  12. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Wish u lived closer I’m sure it would be bees knees for me!

brookdalebill likes this.
  13. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

matmosphere and kaludjerko like this.
  14. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I was just thinking after our gig on Friday night that I might retire my Telecaster which I use pretty much exclusively with the band and start using humbucker guitars. I have 2016 Les Paul Traditional and two older Ibanez semi hollow body guitars an AS50 and AS80 that are really fine instruments that almost never make it out of the house.

15. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I may get out my J45, which hasn't been out of the case in over a year. Who knows, it might have improved with age.

brookdalebill likes this.
  16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I am trying to bring back my MIM strat into the rotation for the last two years or so after being a five year closet queen. Not quite there yet, but I love the neck and the sound, so it will happen. I am working on a couple covers for it, so I'm investing some time into the rebirth. Still easier for me to grab any of my other five guitars first though and even my bass. Sad, but true, and really can't explain it except that I now have a bunch of exceptional guitars, so I can't complain about it.

17. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

1f12d5d879d94c1fb040f24d73e02997_r.jpg

This one hasn't been to a gig in ages. Must remedy that.....

(It's an '83. I've owned it since '92)

18. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Afflicted

Nice one CalebAaron666 - moreover the 2622LH exists in that Torino Green... One day, I'll be tempted !

[​IMG]

That said, none of my guitars are neglected per se : they just are waiting their turn to go on reharsal or on stage. I make a regular rotation, sometimes according to the venue or what we play... ;)

Well, I must confess that my 2 acoustics are rather "Case Queens", though... I'm not really an acoustic player ! :oops:

[​IMG]

-tbln

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Nubs and Toadtele like this.
  19. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

This has been sitting in its case in the closet for months. It was my main guitar for several years, but I acquired a telecaster and a Heritage H-140 recently so I've been playing those almost exclusively. I need to take this back out, though. As the semi-hollow black Gretsch owner mentioned above, the neck is super-easy to play. Sounds great also. It's a 2005 Pro Jet, upgraded with HS Filtertrons and a treble bleed mod. 11958295_10205264640471485_1272358772499565011_o.jpg

Bassman8 likes this.
  20. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I solved its neglect problem for a while by making it my "school guitar", but now that I've retired, even though it hangs right next to the door in my music room, my 12-string gets played very little.

Nonch Tidric here was also a school guitar, for the kids to play. I added some more art to it with my woodburning pencil, and I'm taking Nonch this year on the annual family camping trip.

arty nonch.jpg

rocks2oldies likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.