Guitarist Gift Ideas <$50 ? ? ?

GoldDeluxe5E3

Tele-Afflicted
I've got three guitar players (son and sons in law) and could use some gift idea help from and for TDpri members in a similar situation.

I've been through tuners, re-string kits, straps, and the like. What else is out there that've you've bought in the past or that you're thinking about buying? I know I've said <$50, but if you have an idea you think is worth it, go higher.

Share the knowledge!

Beakybird

TDPRI Member
A 5 string capo, a 3 string capo, a slide, one of those things that goes over the nut to lift the strings to play slide...
A harmonica and harmonica holder...

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
A few cool pedals, I own ( if they play electrics) :

Joyo American Sound ( Fender amp emulator for use with amps, or going direct)

Joyo Vintage Overdrive- a great-sounding Tube Screamer

Biyang Tri-Reverb- (3) types of Reverb with 2 depth modes, in an MXR- size box).
Note: they all still take batteries which I like, when you just wanna grab something for a jam

Edit- each under $50, more like $35-$40 ( I go to CheaperPedals.com)

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My sister in law got me a wallet w/ a pick-holder in it, a few years ago and I still like both the wallet and the sister in law. ;)
20211201_201903.jpg
20211201_201846.jpg

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Amazon pedals. My partner bought me the Xvive Autowah and it’s a great little pedal! I don’t normally recommend Chinese pedals but $50. A nice strap would be cool too.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Wes Montgomery's "Smokin' at the Half Note" cd, The Allman Brothers Band "Live at the Fillmore East" cd, Robert Johnson's " King of the Delta Blues Singers" cd, and a good brass slide from a maker like Rockslide. Merry Christmas!!

AlbertaGriff

Friend of Leo's
I'd also say gift cards, because then instead of getting something small, the recipient could even put it towards a larger purchase (maybe they're saving up for something).

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Depends on what they already have, but...

A cheap wireless system?

A 5-7 guitar stand?

An Audio Interface for recording? I use mine + my PC as a practice amp. Program a quick beat with Addictive Drums (beats a metronome) and jam to it. Also a Not bad at all free drum VST. MT Power Drum Kit 2.

3-6 pack of strings?

As others said, a gift card is always good because then they have more options, and may be picky about which brands, features a thing has and with a gift card they can order it themselves. Also makes returns easier, if needed later.

Last edited:

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
I would have loved to get something like the TC Electonic Unitune. One of the best gifts I ever got was a gross of the guitar picks I used at the time.