Guitar Warehouse speakers

DrBGood

Tele-Afflicted
AMERICAN VINTAGE - 10" VETERAN.
Anybody use that one ? Looking to refresh one of my 2X10 cabs, to be used with Marshall Origin, Egnater Rebel 30 or Fender Super Champ XD.

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Yup - I've used them in Bassman clones, Super Reverbs, 5E3 models where I do 2x10s. Works great everywhere you don't need high wattage but want a more "vintage" sound.

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
Here's what the guys at Fender Guru have to say about the 10" Vet:
  • Warehouse Veteran 10″. Light, snappy, warm tone, firm, they have the vintage appeal of upper mids and higs. Excellent replacements of the original CTS Alnico 10? that came originally in blackface Super Reverb, one of the absolute best speakers we’ve heard in SR. Lots of touch sensitivity and warmness. The speaker is designed so that the cone breaks up when pushed. Don’t be afraid of cone breakup before you’ve heard it. Fantastic, mellow and compressed. Excellent in 2-4 x10″ configurations. You will not find any better speaker below amazing 50$.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
I have four, not sure how I will be using them. I did use one in a Champ type amp where it sounded great. I bought the two for a 2x10 but I am unsure now. I do have a 4X10 cabinet also, problem being is that two are 8 ohm and two 16. Not that I need a 4x10 (or maybe I do?).

DrBGood

Tele-Afflicted
Here's what the guys at Fender Guru have to say about the 10" Vet:
  • Warehouse Veteran 10″. Light, snappy, warm tone, firm, they have the vintage appeal of upper mids and higs. Excellent replacements of the original CTS Alnico 10? that came originally in blackface Super Reverb, one of the absolute best speakers we’ve heard in SR. Lots of touch sensitivity and warmness. The speaker is designed so that the cone breaks up when pushed. Don’t be afraid of cone breakup before you’ve heard it. Fantastic, mellow and compressed. Excellent in 2-4 x10″ configurations. You will not find any better speaker below amazing 50$.
Thanks, I had read that.
I have four, not sure how I will be using them. I did use one in a Champ type amp where it sounded great. I bought the two for a 2x10 but I am unsure now. I do have a 4X10 cabinet also, problem being is that two are 8 ohm and two 16. Not that I need a 4x10 (or maybe I do?).
If you wnt to sell the 16 ohm pair, I'd take them. I'm in Canada too.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I had to make sure…..but it is Warehouse Guitar Speakers…WGS. The ‘Veteran’ that I heard was a very good speaker for my ears.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I put one in my Pro Jr., built a new baffle out of birch and installed an Allen transformer. If my objective was to make this a bedroom amp, boy did I ever miss the mark, lol. Since I did all this at the same time it's hard to get a fair evaluation of the speaker, but it all sounds good to me.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks, I had read that.
If you wnt to sell the 16 ohm pair, I'd take them. I'm in Canada too.
No thank you. Pretty sure the 16 ohms will go in the 2x10. Which just made me think a Wurlitzer 35W output transformer would go well with them. The other two can easily find their way in a SE or P-P amp.

midnight340

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Haven't tried the Veteran but as to WGS speakers:
Found a really clean 1967 Gibson Skylark (white panel) GA5-T amp with blown speaker for $250. These are known to be on the bright side. Called WGS and they recommended their 10" G10C/S 75W (to keep it a bit warmer.) I gotta say I absolutely love that speaker!!! (Made for a sweet amp that is played daily.)

WGS has that speaker on sale now for $89, recommended!

Drew617

Tele-Holic
The Veteran 10 is a very nice vintage/American-style 10." The worst I can say about them is that I find them kind of polite, but to my ears they work very well in a lot of applications where power handling isn't a concern. All things being equal, I like the very similar (C10R style, 1" VC, seamed/ribbed cone) Weber Sig10S "better" but it's brighter and more characterful, more likely to offend in a random amplifier.

My 2x10" is loaded with a Vet10 and a Jensen Falcon. That's a nice, inefficient, warm combination that'll handle a Deluxe Reverb but is still touch-sensitive and has Jensen flavor at low volumes.

WGS takes second and third place in the dumbest speaker branding contest (the Emi Swamp Thang wins it) because the Veteran 10 and Veteran 30 are completely different speakers/flavors.

dblues

Tele-Afflicted
I like it in my VHT Special 6. It sounds similar to the vintage Jensens I have in my Gibsonette (10”) and a cabinet (15”) I made some years back. Not sure how it would match your amps or expectations.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Of course you do, and a 4×12 and a 2×15.

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Vet 10 I put in my 1975 Princeton Reverb. The original Oxford was pretty beat. The Vet 10 has a similar "sparkle" as the Oxford, but better/tighter bass. It just seems to work well with older Fender amps.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
Of course you do, and a 4×12 and a 2×15.
I have a couple of sets for a pair of 4x12's. The 15's I have are Altecs, too darn heavy.

Haven't tried the Veteran but as to WGS speakers:
Found a really clean 1967 Gibson Skylark (white panel) GA5-T amp with blown speaker for $250. These are known to be on the bright side. Called WGS and they recommended their 10" G10C/S 75W (to keep it a bit warmer.) I gotta say I absolutely love that speaker!!! (Made for a sweet amp that is played daily.)

WGS has that speaker on sale now for $89, recommended!

If the seller here did not fold I would have bought one back in the day. At the moment I have more than enough speakers. There are a couple of Celestion that I wish I never through out but spilled milk.

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Great Super Reverb speakers. I’ve not tried them in anything else but I would imagine they would work great in any vintage style Fender.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I had one of their et65 that really warmed up a bright amp I had.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
I have a couple of sets for a pair of 4x12's. The 15's I have are Altecs, too darn heavy.

If the seller here did not fold I would have bought one back in the day. At the moment I have more than enough speakers. There are a couple of Celestion that I wish I never through out but spilled milk.
I plan to build a 2×15 closed and chambered cab, it will be on casters.