Guitar Trade

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Hpilotman, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Hpilotman

Hpilotman Tele-Holic

Fendereedo likes this.
  2. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Reverends are fantastic. They arrive with a great setup. Go Zeke!

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Nice looking Reverend. If you're happy, and I would be, then that's where it counts. Hngd.

4. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

How would you compare the playability, feel, and quality of the two?

I like the reverends but nobody has one nearby

5. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Afflicted

Strat for a Tele? Seems logical trade to me:) Of course nothing against Strat players, it just boils down to personal preference.

Don't know if this is your first tele but, I'm sure you will find it a great guitar to play.

Enjoy!

6. Hpilotman

Hpilotman Tele-Holic

After 3 days still with the honeymoon here is what I like better about the Reverend.

1- 10-14 Compound Radius Neck. The Strat neck 9.5 R was good but I like the CR Neck better already and wishing all my Telecaster guitars had the 10-14 CR Neck.

2- Sustain plugged in. Hit a 1st position E Chord and it just keeps ringing and ringing until I palm it. Once again the Strat was decent but no match for the chambered body Reverend.

3- Pickups - Neck has more clarity that lots of OEM Telecaster pickups and Bridge has the great classic Telecaster twang. 4th option with pull pot [out of phase].

4- Nice balance and fit and finish. The Strat also had a good feel and fit and finish.

Overall 1-10 - I rate the Reverend Pete Anderson Eastsider T guitar 8.5-9.0
    Worth the $1000 at today's prices. I see them mostly listed for $1099. but mine was New and Priced at $999.

I have never played a 10 guitar in my lifetime and probably won't. I use to deal in guitars and amps and owned and played many different models thru the years.[1990 -2005]

I would rate the best Telecaster I ever played and held a 9.75 and it was a Tom Anderson T guitar in the late 1990's-early 2000 at a Texas Guitar Show.

Hope this helps.

7. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

Never seen one in person and not sure how much of their design is strictly a marketing tool and which actually make for a better guitar. For example, I really have a hard time believing a 6 bolt neck plate would add anything of real value. If it did, why stop at 6 and not 8 or 12?

I have dealt with Korina wood however and to me it just sounded like mahogany, so not sure if Korina is just a marketing tool as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I would make that trade all day as an American Strat are a dime a dozen out there today and can be had for $800 quite often. You definitely got the better end of the deal.

8. Hpilotman

Hpilotman Tele-Holic

Ernie Ball uses 5 Bolt Neck on some of their models.
    Why stop at 12 and just go ahead and make it a neck thru body?
    I did not trade for the guitar because it had a 6 bolt neck but loved the feel of the compound radius and the tone of the guitar. I own a Telecaster with an Ash body and like it very much also. The playability and tone sold me over any marketing schemes.

You are correct that Korina wood is a form of mahogany.

Here is a quote from another source:

"The mere mention of Korina wood in the same breath with a guitar makes many guitarists and collectors drool. It is, after all, the wood used to build some of the most legendary Gibsons of all time—the original Flying V and the Explorer. Guitar builders, however, usually have a totally different reaction; Korina tends to make them reach for the nearest bottle of aspirin in order to ward off the headaches working with it causes.

Considered by most experts to be a “super mahogany” or “mahogany deluxe,” Korina wood bears a strong resemblance to mahogany in both tone and grain characteristics. Those same experts also agree that Korina has a sweeter midrange, with enhanced responsiveness, which would seemingly make it more desirable as a guitar-making wood. So why isn’t Korina—more commonly known as Limba—used more extensively to make guitars?

“It’s a very good wood for guitars,” said Edwin Wilson, Historic Program Manager/Engineering at Gibson’s famed Custom Shop. “It’s typically lighter in weight than mahogany, and tonewise it’s a bit brighter. But mahogany is the accepted standard. It comes down to tradition.”

Milspec likes this.
  9. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Afflicted

A win, IMO!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.