guitar stands or wall hanging?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by oceanblue, Sep 15, 2019.

Do you prefer your guitars hung on walls or on guitar stands?

1. Wall hangers

2. Floor Stands

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

I've got both a buddy gave me a couple wall hangers. I put one up in the dining room. It's great, I can grab a guitar without getting up.I often play after meals while finishing coffee or beer:)

2. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

I usually keep two out on stands and the others in cases in a coat closet. It really all depends on
    which ones I'm using, recording with, gigging with, etc. and keeps changing all the time.

3. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Guitars that you care about should be kept in their cases!!!

"What goes up must come down" - Just ask my Dad's 1951 LG1 that took a fall and cracked from end block to upper bout along the bottom side.

The same goes with guitar stands - it doesn't take much to tip these over - especially if you have kids or pets.

Certain types of padding on floor stands and guitar hangers can react with certain types of finishes. Do you know which ones are compatible?

I have a little insurance that I keep on a guitar stand - an Epiphone Les Paul Jr with P-94 style pickup - My "beater" guitar.

Its a nice guitar and plays fantastic - but it isn't worth much.

If a guitar stands eats the finish - oh well. ( I have already 000 steal wooled a large scratch out of the finish )

If one of the kids knocks it over and snaps the neck - I've got another Epi special tuned to Eb that can be used as a neck donor.

Keep those guitars safe!

If you want to display them - take some pictures!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.