1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar shielding paint - best place to get it?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by don, Nov 21, 2020.

1. don

don Tele-Meister

My 3 recent Bullet telecasters are really quiet and all have the black cavity shielding paint - where can I get some for my other guitars? I see it on eBay and Reverb and at Guitar Fetish - all roughly the same price for 1-2 ounces - is there any difference between them?

2. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

i personally wouldnt bother with it...it can be a bit hit n miss can shielding paint.
    some prefer copper tape...ive always used thick aluminium kitchen foil for years for shielding with no problems...just make sure its well stuck down in your guitars cavities...and do the back of pickguard too...and its cheap!!

3. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Holic

Looking at the prices these guys want I decided to make my own. $12 bucks for a 1 pound bag of 99% pure graphite then mix it with lacquer and thinner. Only problem is I now have more than I could ever use.

don likes this.
  4. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I just use copper snail tape. Can be had at Lowes or Home Depot for around $10. You can do 2 - 3 guitars extensively with a roll.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.