Guitar Scams

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TCB3, Dec 29, 2019.

1. TCB3

TCB3 TDPRI Member

I was wondering how many of you have any stories you care to share regarding vintage/used guitars where you or another were scammed and or sold a misrepresented guitar. Or tips to avoid it happening in the first place. This may help future buyers/new guitar player/collectors from making the same mistakes without having to have made them first.
    I have always bought new and still typically open up the cavity at bare minimum. So no stories here. But I have had a buddy who bought a used guitar which had the pickups swapped and were not as presented/stock on the guitar model.

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

We get a lot of new members who join right after either buying what seems too good to be true, or buying what they know is too good to be true.

Most of us seem pretty cautious and inclined to do some research before buying.

I agree it might be helpful to have a subforum about scams & how to spot them.
    Not sure that will happen though, or that it would even help those who jump without due diligence.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.