Guitar Safari EVH Edition

telereissue

Tele-Meister
So I had been eyeing the guitar center sale publications for a while and kept talking myself out of buying another guitar because I already have some great ones. Yesterday, my band had an appearance at a festival from 6 to 7 to play, which meant leaving my 1958 Reissue Gibson Les Paul unattended in the back of a pickup truck amongst other gear since the show was only 2 hrs away and wasn't paying enough to rent an enclosed trailer this time.
We do our thing, pack up and the bassist and I realized we almost always go in guitar centers before gigs and didn't this time. We were 2 hrs North of the closest one near Atlanta, so we jump back in the truck and go racing down the highway trying to make it before close, just to see if we can. Meanwhile I'm making sure they show the guitar in stock so we don't waste our time. With 12 mins to spare, we roll in the parking lot, throw my guitars in the truck from the bed, run in and buy this WG standard. It was the only one they had too and seems like covid has done a number on being able to keep inventory. It's not about the guitar, it's the thrill of the chase.

I really like the fretwork on it, but might swap the bridge pickup and pots at some point to a frankie and CTS or bournes (havent looked yet, I just assumed they weren't)
Now I have a backup guitar where I can leave my Les Paul at home for sketchier situations, but this is alot of guitar for $499. Thanks for reading my guitar safari episode.

20220528_210309.jpg

received_385742080167779.jpeg

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Tucker , GA Gc?. Been there. Nice amp selection there.
Glad you found something.

1 21 gigawatts

Tele-Afflicted
Nice. I saw one of these a few weeks ago at GC and really liked it. I saw that they are now on sale, but have resisted so far.

That one has some interesting grain on the fretboard. How is the back of the neck- any flame?

John C

Friend of Leo's
Congrats! That matte "bomber" black color is a GC exclusive so they are already $100 less than the other solid-color Wolfgang Standards; when they go on sale they're a smoking deal.

telereissue

Tele-Meister
Congrats! That matte "bomber" black color is a GC exclusive so they are already $100 less than the other solid-color Wolfgang Standards; when they go on sale they're a smoking deal.
I have no complaints with it. It's the best $500 guitar I've played.

Wolfgang22

TDPRI Member
So I had been eyeing the guitar center sale publications for a while and kept talking myself out of buying another guitar because I already have some great ones. Yesterday, my band had an appearance at a festival from 6 to 7 to play, which meant leaving my 1958 Reissue Gibson Les Paul unattended in the back of a pickup truck amongst other gear since the show was only 2 hrs away and wasn't paying enough to rent an enclosed trailer this time.
We do our thing, pack up and the bassist and I realized we almost always go in guitar centers before gigs and didn't this time. We were 2 hrs North of the closest one near Atlanta, so we jump back in the truck and go racing down the highway trying to make it before close, just to see if we can. Meanwhile I'm making sure they show the guitar in stock so we don't waste our time. With 12 mins to spare, we roll in the parking lot, throw my guitars in the truck from the bed, run in and buy this WG standard. It was the only one they had too and seems like covid has done a number on being able to keep inventory. It's not about the guitar, it's the thrill of the chase.

I really like the fretwork on it, but might swap the bridge pickup and pots at some point to a frankie and CTS or bournes (havent looked yet, I just assumed they weren't)
Now I have a backup guitar where I can leave my Les Paul at home for sketchier situations, but this is alot of guitar for $499. Thanks for reading my guitar safari episode.

View attachment 988679
View attachment 988683
Nice guitar man. One of a kind neck. I’m awaiting delivery of this Special next month. Not your traditional quilt top.
1655184371760.jpeg