1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar repair backlog

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HotRodSteve, Dec 1, 2020.

1. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

A couple weeks ago I dropped off my Telecaster for some work and hadn't heard back from the shop. I called them today and the guy I talked to said they have been getting hammered with guitar repair work and my guitar will be ready this week. This is a good sign, maybe more people are playing guitar? I thought everyone was playing video games?

2. hotpepper

hotpepper Tele-Meister

I got friends that call to get guitars set up or some kind of mod or repair. I normally show them how to do whatever it is and then never hear from them again. Bad for buisness i guess.
    Or maybe I should charge and make $$. It's cool though, if someone wants to learn I'll show them the way.

stxrus, jvin248, thesamhill and 4 others like this.
  3. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Can you come over on Saturday?

Wallo Tweed, Torren61 and hotpepper like this.
  4. hotpepper

hotpepper Tele-Meister

on my way MM

Tonetele and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'Ve have been doing amp repairs and I have been waiting eons for parts to arrive ,I ordered a reverb transformer from fender in September and they said yup we got them in stock should be there soon , last check they arent going to ship them out till Dec 28th , today i recieved voltage regulators I also ordered in September and they are the wrong parts, what a pain!

String Tree likes this.
  6. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

I took my 339 in for a scratchy volume pot. O don't have enough patience to pull it out. Or a long enough spray tube and mirror to reach it anyway

Tech had it in his fingers on it then dropped it back in the F hole. I'll see it sometime next week

7. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Holic

Yoose guys are lucky. I don't have a good guitar tech within a 100 mile radius. I do my own setups and change out tubes, but have no aptitude for electronics or fretwork.

8. driver8

driver8 Tele-Meister

Maybe it means people are gearing up for the end of the pandemic and jamming together again, which will be great. What a relief it's going to be when this awful fkng virus is gone!

9. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

With the current slow-down, I have been pulling old gear out and making keep/sweep decisions.
    I was saddened to find out that my trusty Marshall JMP-1 can't be fixed.
    Too many bad IC Chips in it.

10. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mercury Magnetics has had my '67 Deluxe Reverb PT since early July. They emailed today that they started on it. They had warned me they were backed up at least three months when I sent them the transformer. I think I may ask them to hold off shipping it until after Christmas.

11. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

More people are playing music and reading books this year. Stores I know are out of stock on keyboards and second hand book stores are doing well here in Oz.

12. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Took a Tele into the Music Shop Saturday hoping it'll be done this Saturday or I may have to buy another guitar.
    Nice Tele my brother built but it needed a proper three barrel bridge and a set up.
    (don't tell my brother about the bridge)

13. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

It's been two weeks since the guitar shop told me it would be ready that week, still nothing.

14. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve been looking for drain clearing cables (5/8 & 7/8) as well as cutter heads for several months. My usual vendors can’t keep supply in-house because the manufacturers aren’t producing ample supply. Even the overpriced vendors don’t have adequate inventory

There’s a lot of hurry up and wait

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.