Guitar players you are digging at the moment

esseff

Friend of Leo's
I tend to drift back to Robin Trower's Live album once a month, I can't get enough of that powerhouse! Too Rolling Stoned and Rock Me Baby are the ultimate in blues rock imo. What a tone and James Dewar (RIP) must be one of the best vocalists ever.

There's a great young American white blues guitarist song called something like You Turn My Soul Inside Out that I've lost the link for unfortunately. Anyone help me out?

Found it:

Last edited:

MerleSwaggard

TDPRI Member
Matt Schofield
Robben Ford
Mark Knopfler

can’t get enough of their playing lately. Matt Schofield’s Strat tone is perfect in my opinion.

Tom Quartz

TDPRI Member
Been on a progressive and psychedelic kick recently. KGLW, Plini, Louis Prince (Jake McMullen's latest project) and All Them Witches.

DekeDog

Tele-Afflicted
Jimmy Herring. I was actually more familiar with his work before and beside Widespread Panic, but I am on a Panic binge recently. What a great band!

Chuck Garvey and Al Schnier with moe.

Derek Trucks. I really like his playing, but his band with Susan Tedeschi is outstanding.

Last edited:

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Jontavius Willis
Otis Rush
John Scofield

And this week's revisit/revelation from another thread: Mike Bloomfield's work with Woody Herman

Just ran across this from Rush (who died about a year ago)

Seems like a lot of young blues players don't realize how important SPACE is in blues; you gotta create the space before you can fill it up.
Scofield always on the list.
Any idea how Bloomfield managed to stand like that through a whole set without crippling himself? I/d never have been able to straighten my back again.

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Mark Lettieri has been my go to for the past couple of months. He has the most phenomenal sense of rhythm and I dig his funky tunes. Tasty lead player to boot.

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
I always did me the most...when I have time to play. But suffer from lack of focus. Will hear a note and I switch to that song. Not bragging but know too many dang songs since I have been playing 47 years. And to, me if it doesn't, have 6 strings what's the point. There is gibson and fender and knock off. I do respect and just bough 2 identical prs since he is honest and admits he is going for their sound.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Joe Robinson

Skip James

and this

Maria Christina Plata

and Black Tears, Havana Street Style

Last edited:

acoustic rob

Tele-Holic
Adrian Belew, David Byrne, and Jerry Harrison.

Why yes, I am listening to the second disc of "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads" again, why do you ask?

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I think you meant to write "sitar"...

This is some groovy shoe-gazey stuff. Hope it's not to early in the day for you. Vancouver-based Mohamed Assani.