Guitar Of A Lifetime!!!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by fenderdfs, Mar 21, 2016.

1. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Probably the best quality bargain option for a 335 type guitar would be a USA Guild Starfire IV......given the budget you could get a Guild
    Starfire and throw in a Gibson 330 VOS or even a custom shop Telecaster......seriously though the USA Guild Starfire IV is a quality
    semi-acoustic and a class instrument that can still be found for a real good price.

2. fenderdfs

fenderdfs Tele-Meister

So I did some shopping today. I tried out a 63 ri which I thought that I really was gonna like based on what i've read on paper and reviews and research... And then I got it in my hands and It did nothing for me. The neck just didn't do it for me. I then tried a couple more 335's and even some gretsches.... (by the way I really liked the new players series gretches... The Nashville flame top in particular. BUT when I put my hands on a 2015 es-335 with block inlays in cherry I fell in love.

I've had that moment two other times with guitars... my tele and my sg.. That moment when you feel the neck and frets and your like yup this feels good. I loved everything about it. I played it dirty, clean and everywhere between.

I even tried a 69 but it seemed kinda dull in comparison. The 69 just didn't have the clarity that this one did, nor did it feel as great.

So I bought it. From experience I know guitars can vary from one to the next and I loved this one so I didn't want to wait and hope that a used one would show up close enough for me to try out.

They came down $500 bones as well, i'm assuming because it was a 2015 and threw in some strap locks...

Thank you for all the help guys, as always very informational and it's great to get others opinions and ideas.

I'm on my way out with my wife for some drinks and live music. I'll get a pic up tomorrow or monday so you know it happened:)

ReaL Madras, Crowcaster and Jakedog like this.
  3. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

You win!!!

4. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

Nice, my Gibson 335 is the best guitar I have ever played. Absolutely love it.
    (Now I just need a 330, and life will be perfect). Congrats!

5. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Yamaha MIJ SA 2200

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ibanez MIJ JSM 100

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. fenderdfs

fenderdfs Tele-Meister

https://www.facebook.com/karen.vanhorn.908/videos/vb.673873366/10153606810713367/?type=3&theater

Hopefully the link works when I post this. Life has been busy and I haven't had a chance to get a pic up of the new guitar but this is a video of her debut with my band. The audio isn't very good as the video was a cell phone by one of our fans and they are close to the stage so the PA speakers are off to the side a bit. It takes a bit to get going as we had 7 people in the crowd with birthdays but after that we play one of my favorite songs which I feel is appropriate for the post.

Needless to say I felt like cheated on my tele. I never touched it once the whole night. I could get every tone I wanted out of the 335 and it's the best neck pickup tone I've had on a guitar... At least what I want from in my head.

Thank you again guys for all of the help with this. It was really one of the best nights playing a guitar of my life. It just made me smile... A LOT!

7. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats. I am about to embark on a similar quest. I have debated getting a 335 for years. I recently sold some guitars as seed money for the purchase. Hope my search goes as well. Congrats!

fenderdfs likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.