Guitar my dentist built

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
I have posted pictures of one of these before. My dentist builds acoustic guitars. A while back he was telling me about a guy who commissioned him to build a copy of Django Reinhardt's Selmer Maccaferri, so he had to hand-make the specific plywood used for the tops of those, he also made himself one at the same time.

renshawguitar25.JPG

This is the one hanging in the office at my last visit.

007.JPG
Renshaw4.JPG

Renshaw 2.JPG
Renshaw3.JPG

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I was at the Dentist today...a fine boned young lady with deep blue eyes and long thin fingers..

I remember thinking, I wonder it she plays guitar...:)

wishing I had pointers for fingers rather than stubby ended ones....:lol:

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
I bet it sounds great but its looks reminded me of something...

oh yeah, a minjon who doesn't like to see his dentist

minjon.jpg

:lol:

Cpb2020

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Does he use the guitar to practice transcend dental meditation using a tooth pick every day at tooth hurty?

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I once had a dentist that had a side business of rebuilding Holly carburetors & reselling them to hot rodders. I did not know that until the soundco I worked for supplied services at the local drag strip for a big event that he was attending.

1bad914

Tele-Afflicted
My dentist’s hobby is fishing. I’d rather it be guitar making. Lol I have a friend that is a retired doctor that makes and installs some of the most beautiful inlays, plus his guitars are stellar. He keeps them all, at last count he was at 65 guitars and counting.

MyLittleEye

Tele-Meister
My most memorable Dentist was the station dentist at RAF St Mawgan, circa 1990 - warmly remembered by his colleagues as "Fang" He'd roll up to the med centre on a Harley Davidson and force us to listen to Bluegrass banjo recordings as he'd poke, scrape and polish. In later life I've come to appreciate and even play a bit of Old Time music myself and I firmly suspect he's the culprit that sowed the seed 🎻🪕 Cheers for that, Fang!

1bad914

Tele-Afflicted
My dentist’s hobby is fishing. I’d rather it be guitar making. Lol I have a friend that is a retired doctor that makes and installs some of the most beautiful inlays, plus his guitars are stellar. He keeps them all, at last count he was at 65 guitars and counting.
He made a couple of teles that had real cowhide fronts with real rope binding. They are cool.

Freeman Keller

Poster Extraordinaire
Very nice. SelMac's are very unique guitars, both in their construction and their sound.

One little anecdote - my dentist saves his old burrs for me to do inlay (which is beautiful on those guitars by the way). When the burrs are too dull for tooth enamel they still work fine for inlaying wood.

johnny7

Tele-Meister
If dentist has that touch and attention to detail to create a finely crafted guitar, he would be one I would seek out to work on my teeth. Although if he had large hands....he is not going near my teeth.