Guitar Grimoire

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by teledubya, Jul 1, 2008.

1. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

So I've been looking at the Guitar Grimoire book series and it looks interesting. When I took lessons, my teacher introduced me to this book and tried teaching me the concept, but I didn't quite get it then. He highly recommended it and it caught my attention again so I've started to look around at it online some. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this series, your thoughts on it, which book in the series, etc.

2. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

I've used the books as a teaching supplement, not as a stand alone method. For elements of chord and scale use they're pretty good, though better with an instructor to help guide the user.

The first time user might try The Mini Guitar Grimoire first before investing in the larger volumes.

Mike Bruce

3. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

Alright, thanks for the help Mike.
    Anyone else have any experience with this series??

4. missinglinkwray

missinglinkwray Tele-Meister

Yeah, I bought the guitar grimoire because it seemed so impressively complete, but when I actually started using it, I found an incredible amount of repetition in it, like each page was just the last one transposed a half step up. So not very much substance, really only a few exercise that were then tabbed and written out in every possible permutation to fill space. Just my opinion. I wouldn't recommend paying money for the book...

5. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire

they're reference books, pretty exhaustive ones at that, but i'd never consider them a method book.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.