Guitar Feels Naked Without A Strap

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I only put straps on when I’m standing up. Otherwise, they are off. My wife is an always on kinda gal, but she is a bass player.:rolleyes:

P.S. For the record, I am referring to guitar straps.;)

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Gotta have a strap, and locks.

In fact, I have the Duosonics strap on the new tele, just because I haven't had the gumption to shop fir its own yet (and I need locks, but the new tele came with schaller lock buttons, further easing the use of an existing strap for now...)

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I play seated and I don’t need a strap to keep a guitar from falling out of my lap unless I keel over and then I have more to worry about than the guitar. Or maybe not. Dead is dead. Worries over.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I play seated and I don’t need a strap to keep a guitar from falling out of my lap unless I keel over and then I have more to worry about than the guitar. Or maybe not. Dead is dead. Worries over.

Unless you need to reach for your notebook to write something down and don't want to lose your guitar in the process.

If I am working with paper / practice sheets / writing something out, the strap is always on. Just not when I am fiddling around.

DFB1

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have a strap for each guitar.
My favorite is suede 2.5" from Perri's Leather.

31VfKaHoWJL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
...and for the first time, I got a strap to match the guitar, and not just a black Fender strap.

Splurge.
I actually don’t have a black fender strap but I used to play my guitar teachers with his black Fender Strap on it and it was very comfortable. Of course, it had about thirty years to get soft and supple.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I’m weird too. Every guitar (or instrument) has to have its own designated case and strap. (Each case has a pack or two of strings, picks, and tuner) ultimately it’s so I can grab and go. Well mostly I guess I’m just anal. I’ll wear Walmart clothes and eat ramen to save money. But I’ll spend on gear. Lol. I paid more for some of my gear than I did my car. So I tend to baby it all.

anyway. Yea. Straps. I’m a fan of the Ernie Ball Jaquard (or whatever) solid straps. But have TONS of designs to compliment the guitar.

A5C2E4B2-915A-4A91-AC9E-04380CBA4FCD.jpeg
81FFEC0F-61FA-435A-96ED-206EF3976072.jpeg
8A6C72FD-97C2-40BD-930C-362BE2BBE144.jpeg
E9532549-D373-49E4-8A1A-2FB22C09DDD3.jpeg

been looking for a better one for the LP.

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Every instrument gets a strap. Sort of like Paul Anka saying, “The guys get shirts. That’s just the f-in way it IS!”

“And when I move, I cut like a f-in’ HAMMER!”

:)

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
No strap? No problem.

View attachment 924462

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hear you. I actually do get straps for each of mine...accessorizing is part of the buyer/owner experience.

...and for the first time, I got a strap to match the guitar, and not just a black Fender strap.

Splurge.

I’m weird too. Every guitar (or instrument) has to have its own designated case and strap. (Each case has a pack or two of strings, picks, and tuner) ultimately it’s so I can grab and go. Well mostly I guess I’m just anal. I’ll wear Walmart clothes and eat ramen to save money. But I’ll spend on gear. Lol. I paid more for some of my gear than I did my car. So I tend to baby it all.

anyway. Yea. Straps. I’m a fan of the Ernie Ball Jaquard (or whatever) solid straps. But have TONS of designs to compliment the guitar.

View attachment 924557 View attachment 924558 View attachment 924559 View attachment 924560

been looking for a better one for the LP.
Yeah, I tried to color coordinate my guitars, my outfit and my straps, but that didn't work out so good. Oh well, ç'est là vie.

ColorCoordinatedStrap.jpg

Poster Extraordinaire
Our dogs have radio fence collars at home. When we go to the cabin, they have harnesses. The male hates it if I take it off.

green_henry

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I have strap locks on all my guitars and use one strap (black leather) for all of them, except for the Danelectro which needs a longer one. It never occurred to me to have different straps for different guitars, but maybe that will be my next GAS experience.