Guitar Center Visit to Try A Telecaster Goes Wrong!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jpjr50, Aug 26, 2019.

1. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Meister

I can't stand loud players either, but I have the balls to go up to them and tell them to turn it down so the rest of the people in the store can enjoy themselves. Sounds like that guy was having a great time and your night was ruined. Should have stepped up and grown a set and told him everything you said in your post here.

And don't assume everyone in scrubs is a doctor. He could be a myriad of other things. He could have been a vet, a vet tech, work in a doctors office at the front desk, he could be a housekeeper in a hospital, could work in a morgue, could be a nurse, respiratory therapist, physical therapist, unit secretary, maybe he's a PA student, radiology or ultrasound tech...you know what happens when you assume, don't you?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. TwangerWannabe

So you don't know how to do something and didn't take the initiative to learn how to do it yourself, then complain that what someone is charging you to do it is too much? Sounds pretty typical of people nowadays. We have devices at our fingertips that will show us how to do pretty much anything, yet we're too lazy and lack the patience or desire to learn how to do it ourselves and learn a new skill, then complain it costs too much to have someone else do it for you.

3. Hey_you

Hey_you TDPRI Member

Your correct on most of that.that is why I went to them.to learn something.I learned a great deal after that. thank you very much. there is much I left out to perface point I made.! had to do with a senior mngmnt report going into detail about how the were want to be " the neighborhood mom and pop store.Ya know? those that treasure repeat customers. And as stated. I never owned any string instrument b4.My Tele has locking tuners. Have you ever been a stranger? Ain't lived in this part of the world long. No musical talented friends. Let me tell you how tired of YT I had gotten up to that point. YT cannot answer my questions in real time. Hate to be long winded, but I guess I wasn't thorough enough in making my thoughts clear

4. Sea Devil

Sea Devil Tele-Afflicted

Hello, Hey_you! Welcome to the forum. You'll find most people here are a lot nicer than TwangerWannabe was in those two posts.

5. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister

You could have at least crop dusted him

newrider1969 likes this.
  6. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

Walk over, turn the amp off and take the cord out of the back.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Deeve likes this.
  7. Alter

Alter Tele-Meister

It can be unpleasant however, if sincerely interested in buying a guitar or more so an amp, I will always play them really loud if buying in a shop and not online, even if only for a few seconds. I usually apologize to the stuff before hand :) . Ain't no other way to hear an approximation of how it will sound on a gig, headroom, etc. So if the store doesn't have a dedicated room for that.. I WILL try to do it on a non peak hour

CDox likes this.
  8. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

Lol

Attached Files:

9. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Meister

This is how I intervened in the sale of the house across the street some years ago.

A fellow driving a new Porsche and clearly not aging gracefully pulls in to the drive and peels a giggling woman ⅓ his age out of the passenger seat. Something spoke "after hours party house" to me ...

So I hauled 200 watts of sheer hell into the closest bedroom, opened the window, strung a long cable out under the door which was inserted into an out of tune Strat...

And proceeded to dive bomb for the 10 minutes they were seeing house. They left shaking their heads while looking in my direction. The agent however was versed in the evil eye of Corsica.

A month later a young family bought it. Nice people. No parties.

10. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

Lmao

11. TwangerWannabe

Keep encouraging people to continue to play the victim.

Basically people come here to say what they wish they could do in real life but dont have the guts to do. It's so much easier to start a thread on a forum and attempt to be witty and say all he things you wish you could have done because deep down you know you probably dont have the stones to do it in real life. Would have been a much better post if the OP started a thread about how he went into GC with his family and walked over and pulled the plug on the guys amp. I can guarantee he would have looked like a hero and would have received a standing ovation from everyone in that shop if the guy was in fact playing as loudly and obnoxious as he said the guy was. But instead he is resorted to leaving with his tail between his legs and writing a whining post on a forum.

12. newrider1969

newrider1969 Tele-Holic

Don't have to worry about me being "The Doctor". I am crappy enough that I don't want anyone to hear me through an amp in public.

Tim S likes this.
  13. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Exactly! I've never been able to properly evaluate an instrument at GC. I don't even bother trying.

So, if I think I may want to buy one... home it comes with me for a trial period. No better place to be able to determine if a guitar suits you or not than in the peace and space of your own environment, with your own amp and gear, and plenty of time to thoroughly evaluate.

And I agree with G.Rotten... I care far more about the guitar itself, how it feels, plays, the neck, etc. Pickups? They're like tires on a car - I don't buy cars based on how I like the tires... they're easily changed!

Someone blasting away in a guitar shop is very rarely evaluating for purchase, it's pretty much just "hey everybody look at ME!!! I've been playing now for 2 years! Aren't I cool. Take a video of me so I can post myself in social media."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    G.Rotten likes this.
  14. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

duplicate.

15. Sea Devil

Sea Devil Tele-Afflicted

I guess you didn't read the rules:

"NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
    When someone says something you don't agree with don't turn on them and attack them personally. Don't call people names. Don't resort to school yard bullying tactics."

You're getting close to the line, but not quite crossing it. Please stop.

16. dalezjc

dalezjc TDPRI Member

Are you suggesting that people can't have an opinion because it offends you?

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

if he was playing a gem, he was a nurse, not a doctor. just tryin' to keep it real.

okay, go back to fighting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.