1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar Center Possible Bankruptcy (yet again)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by warrent, Oct 26, 2020.

1. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Venture capitalism 101:

2. Tommyd55

Tommyd55 Tele-Holic

I think many of the GC employees are just there for a job.. My local GC it's a bunch of young 20ish I'm guessing..
    I walked into my local GC the other evening like 7:30ish p.m. cause I needed a neck plate for a partscaster I was putting together.. I mean there are not going to be many places to buy a Fender type neck plate at almost 8 pm at night ya know..
    While I was there I asked the floor person, she actually told me she was the manager on duty, if they had a ToneMaster. I received a blank look..
    I actually had to explain what a ToneMaster is..
    I just was thinking to myself.. WTF... and No, they didn't have a TM in the store .. They did have the neck plate I wanted though..

3. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

Everyone forgets the little investment holder.
    You buy into funds. Guess who these "capital groups" sell the debt to?
    "Oh this is a great long term buy"...
    Uh huh. Yep. Easy come, easy go.
    Never saw it coming, so you never saw it go.

4. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Rule of thumb used to be that you could walk into a store and offer cash for 30 to 35% off the list price on a midrange guitar and you'd usually get an okay from the manager. That implies they'd at least break even at 35% off, so closer to 50% or higher markup (e.g. $100 dealer cost x 1.5 = $150 list and 30% off is $105). I bought a few like that in the 1990s. Don't know about now, but doesn't seem like much changed in that time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.