Guitar Center Outlets

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boris bubbanov, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I opened the link and there was a Sweetwater ad at the top.

2. PineBomb

PineBomb Tele-Holic

The interweb is watching you, and taking notes.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm of the opinion that GC mdse gets moved around a bit anyway. I think Jay's first two posts are great. GC have stores that are too small/crowded to handle clearance stuff, and sometimes this stuff is distracting and it gives the customer buying something real expensive that he's paying a lot (he is). Better to get those items out of sight and out of mind at the regular retail stores. You don't want a rough and ready S-2000 on the Porsche used lot; it reminds people they could have fun spending much less.

Plus, some of this stuff could be from Music and Arts or from Musicians Friend. Or somewhere else. I thought that was awkward, GC buying up some of Best Buy's stock and do you want that stuff nestled up against your factory fresh stuff? Maybe not.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I.........dunno............no 30 day take back? I know a guy who wore out a set of tires on his car taking things back. ( heck I was gonna buy tires anyway )

5. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

They used to have a clearance center in KC up by where the riverboats are. I was only in it once, and there was broken stuff, discontinued stuff-a very weird vibe compared to the average GC. It's been gone several years now.

6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

They would make a killing in Wisconsin. You could sell bags of dog poop in Wisconsin if you put a store out on the highway that had a big sign saying........HIGHWAY 94 DOG POOP FACTORY OUTLET.

We swim upstream and climb mountains when we see factory outlet signs. Gotto go OUTLET shopping mannnnnnnn.

When I flew to Kansas City to take a food packaging class last year I drove to Musicians Friend out in the near countryside to see how big the warehouse was. The warehouse factory outlet had been shut down (to my dismay) but a sign said that many of the outlet deals could be found at a Guitar Center in a town 20 miles away. Yes.......I drove there and bought a phase shift pedal. I'm from Wisconsin. We cannot control ourselves when we see outlet signs.

:neutral:

7. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Did somebody say OUTLET? (I'm a Wisconsin boy and have more experience with outlet malls than I care to admit) these would be perfect for someone like me, who's usual thought upon entering a GC is, "everything here is too NICE for me to afford...

8. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

FWIW guitar center is the same company as: Music & Arts, Musician's Friend, GuitarCenter.com, LMI, Giardinelli, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, Woodwind and Brasswind, Music 123, and Harmony Central.

It's actually owned by Bain Capital (Romney anyone) and has an S&P CCC+ rating due to "weak operating Trends"

So maybe the outlet idea and shipping stuff around to outlets is PART of that bad management.

9. loopy reed

loopy reed Friend of Leo's

And this is where the thread turns into every other guitar center thread.

10. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.