1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar Center Doesn't Want To Use My Brilliant Idea

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Accusing executives of elitism after not responding to absurdly long, unsolicited messages? Please.

2. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

If you want a formal rejection, you send an actual letter through the mail. Otherwise, "no response" is the rejection letter.

Companies that have been around as long as GC have a set group of pet projects and charities that they already deal with, you are never going to shoehorn your way in with an e-mail, especially if you are not a legitimate non-profit or potential business partner. It's just not how they do business.

I wrote a letter to GC a couple years ago explaining to them how much I liked the limited run "GC exclusive" guitars that they have from time to time. I suggested that they could sell a million "GC Exclusive" historically accurate 1959 Gibson Les Paul replicas if they priced them at $359.99. I guess they liked the idea, because I got a personal phone call from the CEO, but he was laughing so hard, I couldn't quite understand what he was saying, but he was obviously overjoyed by my idea. I'm expecting to see this guitars in store any day now....

Skamania, Shuster, Bassman8 and 2 others like this.
  3. Treadplatedual

Treadplatedual Tele-Holic

But like, hear me out dude, that's THREE HUNDRED SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS you're leaving on the table!

drewcp, Pualee, tery and 1 other person like this.
  4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

Its not so much that he's creepy, he just has to speak quietly so as not to wake up his aging parents in the house.
    No doubt broadcasting from the basement.

drewcp, Skamania, Shuster and 5 others like this.
  5. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

At least Mitch cared about GC and its future ~ now he wants to destroy it .

mthowlett likes this.
  6. john_t

john_t Tele-Meister

I am a small business owner. If/when I get an email saying "I have a great idea for you to improve your business", I promptly delete it. Besides, you cannot expect the CEO of a national company to respond to you on email (or respond to you, period). And that GC manager he is talking about probably told the guy that he contacted "Corporate" just to get rid of the guy.

GC is not going bankrupt because of lack of community involvement. It's because they are merely a "demo shop" for people who will eventually buy online. A fate that is haunting many other chains. They can thank Jeff Bezos and the Internet for that sad reality.

I would love to see GC become a great trading ground for used gear. They can offer fair purchase prices and divert the Ebay and Craigslist traffic right into their shop. It would be great to NOT have to meet a stranger at Dunkin Donuts to buy a used amp. And they can add a small stage to the store for some live music, and an overpriced coffee shop. I think I will send an email to the CEO.

7. mthowlett

mthowlett Tele-Meister

THE Guitar Center...?

drewcp and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  8. mthowlett

mthowlett Tele-Meister

You nailed it.

drewcp and DuckDodgers like this.
  9. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I boycott them everyday. Until I need something they might have anyway...

3fngrs and drf64 like this.
  10. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, you get there by taking the 5 freeway. :rolleyes:

11. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

There's a dude just out of frame with a REALLY pointy guitar...aimed directly at his head.

MickM, Bones and drf64 like this.
  12. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's

Creepy, stalkerish, weirdo. Should be on a 'watch' list.

13. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

probably a member of Buckeye Nation
    upload_2019-1-31_13-47-56.png

14. Bones

Not to mention, if they sent him a reply, he would then post the contents of that reply on the internet for everyone to read. By not replying at all, it's just this guy's mindless rambling with no official word from GC. Win/Win for GC.

drewcp and rich815 like this.
  15. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

You should have replied to his question, "'Cause I'm not a big enough a**hole!".....

Shuster, 3fngrs and tery like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Guitar Center does answer. Once I had bought a guitar that was on special from just some cosmetic damage from being on the wall. After the then 30 day return period, I happened to notice that one of the screws holding the bridge were actually broken, and just staying in place from the friction of the wood. I thought no big deal, I'll take it by and have them fix it. They took a hard line toward me and said you probably broke it. So I ordered a screw extractor from an online source, and it did not remove the broken screw.

I thought about drilling it out, then thought, wait a minute here, as my son used to say you gotta be smarter than the object you're working with. So, I put the guitar aside and wrote GC a letter laying out the situation. Pointing out also that I had, and they could check easily enough bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them without a single complaint.

They responded quickly, and said for me to return the guitar at my convenience and that a brand new replacement was waiting for me at the store where I had bought the marked down one. When I picked up the new guitar, there was no animosity expressed at my contacting corporate, nor seemingly any hard feelings of any kind.

Later on they even asked me to be one of the judges in a blues contest they were holding. I really enjoyed those days, alas everything comes to an end, and I hardly go there anymore.

17. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

You should have mentioned the Battle of the Teen Bands idea. Missed opportunity.

Bassman8 and moosie like this.
  18. d barham

d barham Tele-Afflicted

EVERYONE thinks they can run your business better than you can. It’s just the jerks in the world who state that out loud.

LocoTex likes this.
  19. Bones

He has gotten about 400 more views since I posted this, this can only encourage more great content from this comedic genius.

Shuster likes this.
  20. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nice approach.

But I think it's time for another letter. State clearly why you never go there anymore, and you wish it was still attractive for you to do so. Wait for the coupon in the mail. If not forthcoming, THEN make the video. :D Speak real softly, as if that makes you seem less crazy, and obviously read from a script, in case you need to deny culpability.

Toto'sDad and Shuster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.