1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar Center Doesn't Want To Use My Brilliant Idea

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

The CEO job of a purchased bankrupt company is to figure out a way to divide up and sell the assets in a profitable manner. No more, no less.

2. JCW308

JCW308 Tele-Meister

This dude is creepy and strange.

3. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

GC ran a top guitarist challenge a decade ago - easier to manage than bands and band drama.

Boscoe France won it, he's now part of the signature artists group at PRS, plays for PRS at several gigs like their factory open houses and NAMM.

No idea if GC did more than the one year of it. If only one then it must not have seen any revenue jump.

Poor form for GC to ignore the guy. He's obviously a fan of GC or he would have mailed Sweetwater and Thomann. A simple form letter back or better a letter from one of the executives nicely saying no could make him a deeper fan.

See what Thomann is doing with Youtube channel stars... And those Harley Benton guitars.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Afflicted

silly man.hope he doesn't have access to firearms.

drewcp, Shuster, Nubs and 1 other person like this.
  5. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

From this point forward, I will call it "The Guitar Center".

drewcp, Bootstrap, Shuster and 4 others like this.
  6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I was gonna say this, jvin.....Guitar Center could easily have sent him an email or letter, thanking him for his concerns, and then filed his advice in the trash. A company should NEVER intentionally dismiss and insult a consumer like this. On rare occasions when I've complained to companies about something, I usually get a generic "apology" and a promise that they will "look into the matter", which of course they never do.... but the key is to make people "think" their input matters.

McGlamRock likes this.
  7. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

I see guys like this and I understand why my employer just invested in stronger building security.

drewcp, Skamania, DuckDodgers and 4 others like this.
  8. harleytech

harleytech TDPRI Member

Serial killer waiting to happen...

Shuster, Nubs and Bones like this.
  9. Treadplatedual

Treadplatedual Tele-Holic

Lol... "Ron never responded..."

Probably because CEOs have real actual work to do? Imagine if a billion dollar company didn't scrub their CEO's email list for weirdos like this...

drewcp and Bones like this.
  10. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

yep..they got all the cash to hold up the industry....and then they can record and stream to their friends and be selfie rockstars..never own an amp-drum-guitar..just fake it all with 001100010010,,,

Bones likes this.
  11. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

I once told the owner of a company that I worked for what he was doing wrong and how to fix it . He replied "If you're so damn smart how come I'm not working for you" o_O
    . . . he had a good point .

drewcp, Shuster, nojazzhere and 2 others like this.
  12. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

It has to be someone who posted a flaming send off thread. Think back to who got banned this past week. He's probably in that line up.

Skamania, Treadplatedual and Bones like this.
  13. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This happened? The things I miss when I leave the TDPRI...

drewcp and drf64 like this.
  14. Doorlord

Doorlord Tele-Holic

One of the 1st people to go would be the VP in Charge of Generic Email Rejections and probably the entire dept.

Obsessed and Treadplatedual like this.
  15. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

He's late to the party, I've been boycotting them for years.....

drewcp and Treadplatedual like this.
  16. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

GC has the best used equipment market of anyone. Good selection, affordable, reasonable shipping costs, and you can return it. Try getting that from Reverb, CL, or Fleabay.

drewcp, Shuster, Durtdog and 3 others like this.
  17. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

What's scary is he had to read from his notes. Or are they someone else's notes... is he speaking under duress?

18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think he was wearing a tootoo one snow shoe and one Ice skate and had a bazooka behing his Tele ( natures way of saying Look out)

19. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

"...they go through CEOs like college students go through beer - 6 in the last six years."

What boring, goody-two shoes school did he go to?

Bassman8 likes this.
  20. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

Have a real life example of current trends..last studio song we did was last October. Have done a lot of good stuff with this guy and helped with leads for some other projects. Last time in...he had to look for his Sure 57's...we were like.."whoa" what has happened..last 2 weeks before 5 dif bands..not 1 brought amps...they come in with some words and they build with the mini midi..they pick out a sim sound and roll with it..does it sound good when he is done ..absolutely..does it sound like at gt75 & Vintage with 3 mic;s on..no way,,so..the new digital movement isnt even buying instruments or going thru the learning tone process or even finding ones individual tone ..if they can play a guitar into something..and it spits out the other end of something..they dont care what it is..its wild cause my buddy found a living..locally the never ending local people who skip the indoctrunel make a band and learn to play together and then build a following..skips it and goes right to music.and its flooded everywhere,streaming..in plastic earbuds..so times have changed..i just will never subscribe cause to me its all about a guitar-drum-bass & singer getting together and seeing what raw music comes out..it wasn't pre thought of math music or perfect tempo by the computer..it was raw..emotional and fun..

Shuster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.