1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Guitar Center 20% off coupon that pretty much excludes everything

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Kloun, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Kloun

Kloun Tele-Holic

So Guitar Center sent me an email saying that they miss me and includes a 20% off coupon for up to $500 off. Awww, shucks, GC misses me. So then I click on the exclusions list, which is available here: https://www.guitarcenter.com/pages/...ADKBB&dtm_em=e5b72a911dda64e5fd97f4fb6088e300

For those who can't be bothered to read links it says as follows:

Exclusions and limitations: Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers. No cash value. Excludes discounted and clearance items, price matches, used/vintage, tax/shipping charges, scratch and dent, Gift Cards and musician services (Pro Coverage, Repairs, Rentals and Lessons).

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, B.C. Rich, BAE, Barefoot Sound, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bogner, Bose, Boss, Burl Audio, Caparison Guitars, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D'Angelico, D.W. Fearn, Danelectro, Dangerous Music, Dean Markley, Deering, Diezel, Duesenberg USA, Earthquaker Devices, Earthworks, Egnater, Electro-Harmonix, Elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, FOCAL, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, G&L, Gallien-Krueger, Gibraltar, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Godin, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Gretsch Drums, Hagstrom, HeadRush, Heritage Audio, iConnectivity, ISP Technologies, iZotope, JHS Pedals, Johnson, Kat Percussion, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kramer, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lakland, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Lucida, Mackie, Manley, Marshall, Martin, Meris, METRIC HALO, Millennia, Milkman Sound, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan Amplification, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Paiste, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Primacoustic, PRS, Palatino, QSC, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Roland Cloud, Royer, Ruach Music, S.E. Shires, Savannah, se Electronics, Seagull, Sennheiser, Sequential, SERATO, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Snark, Softube, Soldano, Soundbrenner, Source Audio, Spector, Squier, Steinberger, Steven Slate Audio, Steven Slate Drums, Strandberg, Studiologic, Suhr, Supro, Suzuki, Synergy, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, Telefunken, Teletronix, The Loar, Toft Audio Designs, Tone King, Tube-Tech, Two Notes Audio Engineering, VHT, Voodoo Lab, Vox, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Washburn, WESTONE, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT, Zvex.

So the coupon doesn't work on used gear, and for new gear pretty much any major manufacturer I would buy from is also excluded.

So if anyone here needs a 20% GC coupon for new gear that is not from any of the above manufacturers, let me know and I'll give you mine.

stepvan, Marc Morfei, effzee and 8 others like this.
  2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I wonder what IS on the list?

3. tarheelbob

tarheelbob Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Standard operting procedure. They can't advertise low prices for these vendors to the public. But, go in and talk with them. Most times they can honor these offerings on whatever you're looking at, dealing face-to-face.

- Bob

4. koopus

koopus TDPRI Member

Ibanez is the only one I would say is a major manufacturer that isn't on the list, and a good one at that. But that's all I got. What a despicable "coupon"

carpenter likes this.
  5. koopus

koopus TDPRI Member

This for better or worse is true. Depends on who you get talk to. Sometimes you might have to go in a few separate days to find someone to talk to.

carpenter likes this.
  6. fattybrisket

fattybrisket Tele-Meister

Sweetwater sales guy hepped me to that practice with the 15% GC coupons. Then he gave me 15% off one of the items GC excluded.

koopus and carpenter like this.
  7. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Yup, I put a PRS Santana SE in the cart yesterday - no dice, so I didn't get it. This afternoon I tried it with a Marshall DSL1, again, no dice. Those are the only two things I want right now so for me it's a useless coupon.

8. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Afflicted

0:40, but the entire scene applies.

Fretting out and tery like this.
  9. suave eddie

suave eddie Friend of Leo's

Did you call them? From what I've heard several times is that they will honor most everything if you talk to them directly.

tarheelbob, Steve Holt and cyclopean like this.
  10. Neener

Neener Tele-Holic

Probably only applies to music stands :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

(SMH)

12. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Holic

I'm not gonna spend X amount with any retailer, GC included, just because they offer me X% off if I spend $$$$ with them. That is just idiotic .............

1955 likes this.
  13. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

Mesa Boogie (or is that Gibson now?)

14. Kloun

Kloun Tele-Holic

I actually did call them. Asked because I was interested in maybe tube amps. They just confirmed what the exclusions list said. Dunno if it would be different if I went in in person, but I really don't have anything that I was burning to buy.

15. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

They always give me the coupon discount .

tarheelbob likes this.
  16. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Yah you’re wrong. Call and ask.

Electric Warrior likes this.
  17. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

This. The coupon never has trouble scanning, over the phone or in person.

studio1087 likes this.
  18. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Call until you get someone who will.

19. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Holic

A gold plated platinum core high e string for specifically for an off-name brand guitar from the back of the storage closet in some random building somewhere in the middle of a Siberian tropical fish store...

Deeve and Dan German like this.
  20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm sorry due to a clerical error Music Stands were omitted from the exclusion list, nevertheless, the stands are among the things YOU CANNOT purchase using your coupon to gain a 20% discount. We will honor your right to purchase them at full list price.

*Note*

Those wishing to purchase music stands at full list price, please note that said music stands are limited to stock on hand.

ReverendRevolver, Deeve and Neener like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.