Guitar Center 15% Off Sale Nov. 24-26th. Buying a Helix LT!

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jpjr50, Nov 21, 2017.

1. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

Well just an FYI for those looking for a Black Friday sale.

I got a promo flyer in the mail, 15% off purchases over $199 from November 24th-26th only.

There are things obviously excluded from this sale and as you can see Line 6 is apart of the list.

I've spent so much at my Guitar Center over the past 2 years I'm getting 15% off today from my friends that work there. I'll be a Helix LT owner this afternoon. Wife is buying it for me, have to wait until Christmas though but I'm okay with that.

So don't be afraid to ask your Guitar Center to help you get better pricing at any time. I've never purchased anything for full price, I've always negotiated and if they want to deal they will. If not then walk away. I normally get 5% off of everything I buy as long as my friends are there to get credit for the sale. Just make friends and you'll see how far this will go.

I've purchased a full room of Home Studio equipment, 1963 Gibson ES125, 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Honey Burst, 2010 Fender Telecaster MIM FSR, 2011 Squire Strat just to name a few items.

Will there be better deals? Of course, just be on the look out. I'm fine with the 15% off.

I may buy a Katana Mini for my bedroom while purchasing the Helix. Well that's if they want to deal on this too.

[​IMG]Guitar Center BF by , on Flickr

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    -Hawk- likes this.
  2. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice. I'll be watching the mail. I've been considering a Line 6 wireless unit.

3. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

I bought a Roland Blues Cube Hot a couple weeks ago at full price but anticipating this sale would allow me to get 15% off around Thanksgiving. As long as you’re within their 45 day return period, they’ll refund you the difference rather than deal with the hassle of you returning an item and then turning around and buying it again at the lower price.

4. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

GC has these sales often and then excludes everything decent. The companies excluded looks like a list of the top 50 guitar companies. You'd be better off buying a used one. Not everyone has spent thousands at gc and has friends that work there. This is just another example of why gc sucks. Why give a coupon then exclude all those companies? It would be easier for them to list the companies it actually applies to. It's to get you in the door.

5. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

Well it's not for everyone or every brand but if someone needs a specific piece of gear that qualifies and can get a few bucks off then that's great.

They are my friends now because I went in there with the non-Guitar Center sucks attitude in May of 2015. When they kept seeing me there a few times per month we got to know each other.

6. luckett

luckett Banned

They will give you the discount on many of the excluded products if you ask. They just can't advertise those discounts.

Frodebro likes this.
  7. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I was looking at the flyer that came in the mail last night, it sounds like there may be some very steep discounts on D'addario 12-packs of strings if you can actually get them. Looked like upwards of 50% off.

It'd be tempting to get a years worth of strings for $30.

Right now they either don't appear in the website sale section or you can't find them at all... probably won't bother if I'd have to call around and find a store that actually had 12-packs.

8. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Very cool congrats. Just in time for the 2.30 firmware update that was released last night! 7 new amp models, 7 new effects , numerous improvements.

9. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

What? Wahoo!!!!

My guy didn't work yesterday at GC so we didn't go pick it up so we're going today.

Thinking of a Katana Mini for my bedroom too.

I'll post a pic.

10. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Actually they will usually give you the 15% when ask. I asked for and received the discount at least a 5 or 6 times. The exclusion list is just a corollary to MAP price.

11. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

You're going to love it. I purchased a Helix about a month ago and haven't touched my PRRI since. I can get virtually any tone I want from the Helix. Be patient as you may not find instant gratification with the presets. Also check out some of the youtube tutorials on the signal chain and using the dual DSP.
    Enjoy!

12. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

That's been my experience.

13. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

I'm coming from a Line 6 POD 500X so I know the patience required. I had over 100 presets that I made which took time but once stored it was come home from work and play whatever preset I was in the mood for.

I just read on The Gear Page they had a Helix update that came out yesterday which added 7 more amps and several more effects. That's what I love about this, the support.

A few people on The Gear Page that have created killer tones and are available from their sites. Another great feature about this product, the sharing.

I don't own any amps, cabs, pedals, etc. this is it, all digital. I have a home studio with PreSonus monitors. I make YouTube videos of my guitar journey (started in 2015) and having your pedalboard also be an audio interface makes recording a breeze. The tones go right into my DAW / Reaper, not much editing to be done too.

I'm so stoked to get this thing. I do have to wait another month to use it but I'm okay with that. The Katana mini will be my amp until that time.

14. Allthesound

Skip it put the extra $$ in the Helix Floor version and you will get a $300 discount on Helix Native , which one day you may want and wont have to pay $399 for it.

15. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

I am getting the floor model and Native is FREE currently for 14 days. I just need it to hold me over until I can play my Helix on Christmas.

If anything you get a discount off Native if you buy a Helix anyway but it'll have to really blow my doors off if I'm going to buy it.

They have packages too, no need to spend $300+ unless someone really wants everything.

16. Allthesound

You will be glad you popped for the floor just for the scribble strips
    Yeah there is a free 14 day demo of Native. LT owners get $99 off the $399 native price , Floor & Rack owners get $300 off. I have Native and the Helix Floor , they sound pretty much identical through my system. I find myself using native most of the time at home it saves wear & tear on the hardware.

17. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

This is correct. Manufacturers set a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) that retailers must adhere to. Since most retailers these days are already advertising the merchandise at MAP in order to stay competitive in the market, a 15% off coupon would be in violation. The solution is the extensive list of exempted brands. They can't advertise the additional discount (coupon), but in most cases they can still honor it if you ask them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.