Guitar cable ?

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Pro-co because they’re in my backyard, make good stuff and have for years. I’ve got a mish mash but anything from the last several years on have been and will be Pro-co. I just wish they had someone with the vision to see JHS’ pack rat coming and make their own first. With the Muffuletta and then the Bonsai…it wasn’t a very big stretch to see a multi-rat coming. Kudos to Josh and the gang at JHS though!

Last edited:

loudboy

Tele-Holic
Last 50' of bulk cable I bought was Canare GS-4. Before that was some Mogami. Both have held up well, but I'm not on tour, so they're not getting stepped on or having mud, blood and beer dumped on them each night.

I'm the farthest thing from a snob, but I really preferred Canare GS-6 over Mogami. The Mogami felt like it was holding back the sound, somehow. I went back to the Canare/Neutrik combo, and am happy. I roll my own, maybe make a new one every 10-12 years of hard gigging.

drumtime

Tele-Afflicted
Go wireless! These work great, only $60

LEKATO 5.8Hz Wireless Guitar System Wireless Audio Electric Guitar Transmitter Receiver 4 Channels Transmission Range High Frequency Battery Rechargeable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYRQ222/?tag=tdpri-20

This is the answer. I have a set, and i use it all the time. If you must be tethered, Road Hog, as Old Deaf Roadie suggests, are great - nice and thick, and it's got a lifetime guarantee, so if you pinch it in the recliner when you get up to go to the kitchen, you're covered. But seriously - wireless.

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I like the ones that came with my CS Strats circa 2013. They sell them separately, though not sure what they call them. They're a decent cable, and most importantly I like the way they handle. No twisting, lay flat. Rubber sheath, I'd guess.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
My big, phat foot got in the way. It got tangled in the cord & pulled the jack outta sorts. It still works, but intermittently. I tried to take it apart, cut out the offending part & solder the wires back on the plug, but no dice. Extreme ground hum. :(
Ime, you need to cut them back a ways from the old end. I could usually get them working by taking about 6 inches off. I think the first few inches of cable take most of the stress, so the copper gets work hardened and breaks.

SnidelyWhiplash

Friend of Leo's
Ime, you need to cut them back a ways from the old end. I could usually get them working by taking about 6 inches off. I think the first few inches of cable take most of the stress, so the copper gets work hardened and breaks.

I did. I've tried 3 times today & my patience is runnin thin. I might try again in the morning, or not.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
This is the answer. I have a set, and i use it all the time. If you must be tethered, Road Hog, as Old Deaf Roadie suggests, are great - nice and thick, and it's got a lifetime guarantee, so if you pinch it in the recliner when you get up to go to the kitchen, you're covered. But seriously - wireless.
Oopsy. Fat thumbed a non-comment.