Guitar Cable Self Destructs.....

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Texicaster, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

¡Bueno!

So weird.... Sitting on my sofa playing at reasonable levels and my guitar cable gives a weird, kinda cool tone, and dies....

I thought it was the amp or a tube or a fuse but it was the GC cable I got talked into. When I wiggled it it cut in and out...mostly out.

When I grabbed a spare Mogami I had and back up and running no issues. NO clue why the Mogami was the spare....

The amp has been moved a little bit but nada since a couple days ago with LOTS of play time; zero stress on the cable. Sounded great right till the end!

Is that a typical demise of a cable?

2. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

How nice that your cable spent its final minutes of life in Service to the Song.
    Could we all go that way - on stage, mid-performance.
    RIP little cable.
    Peace - Deeve

Grateful Ape and Festofish like this.
  3. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

It could be a number of things: cold solder joint, broken wire in the cable, cheap connector that busted internally....it works, then it doesn't. If there is a warranty, just go exchange it.

I have had Monster coily cables die within a week of having them, then the replacement die in just as much time - really bad/cheap connectors on those - last time I ever bought them.

I've had a Vox brand coily cable for 10+ years now and it has never failed me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.